Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert content of file to HTML Post 303022841 by indeed_1 on Saturday 8th of September 2018 09:46:44 AM
Old 09-08-2018
dear Scrutinizer add to the post.

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to convert Flat file to HTML

Hello I need help to convert flat file data to HTML Table format. I am generating everyday Flat file and want to convert into HTML Table format. The format of my file is: version host Total YRS NO APPS PSD 10 Sun 30 2 4 6 7 and flat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: getdpg
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a html file to an .xml one

Hii every one. I have lots of .html files like: <html> <title> </title> <head> </head> <body> <ul id="SummaryRatings">4 stars </ul> <ul id="summaryList"> <p><b> Aurhor</b> </p> <p>wsfwfrfrtgretryetyrtyty</p> </ul> ...... ....... </body> </html> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kheyali Mitra
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert csv to html file

Hi All, I am new to this forum,not sure where to post this query...so posted here Kindly need any of your help on the below ------------ I am using shell scripting and trying to convert a csv file to html file... example.csv --------------- Name Country Age Sex Andy India 25 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumithra
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to convert text file to html table using perl

Hi, I have a text file say file1 having data like ABC c:/hm/new1 Dir DEF d:/ner/d sd ...... So i want to make a table from this text file, is it possible to do it using perl. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert CSV file to HTML

Hi, I have made a a script which creates a csv file as daily database report However i want to covert that csv file to html because csv file does not have a good visibilty. So it is possible to have such csv to html coversion script. Your prompt help much appreciated. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert csv file to html with good visibility

Hi, I have Below script which converts csv file to html succesfully.but the visiblity is simple in black n white. I want to have better visibilty of each columns in different colours(like green).As it is a Database report suppose some tablespace available space is less than 20% then it should... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert output.txt into html file

I have output.txt file generated through shell scripts which need convert in tabular format using html can you please help me output.txt Token State Date1 Date2 Description Name 34567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text file to HTML tabular format.

Please provide script/commands to convert text file to HTML tabular format. No need of styles and colours, just output and a heading in table is required. Output file will be send via email and will be seen from outlook. (script required without using awk). output file content: (sar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert Txt file to HTML table and email

Hi all I need help converting a text file into a html table in bash and I need to email this table. The text file looks like the below. Two columns with multiple rows. Top row being header. Application Name Application Status Application 1 Open Application 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmanjd
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy the content from txt file and create a html file

I have a txt file with a list of error messages in a xml tag format, and each error message is separated with a identifier(endresult).Need to split that and copy and create a new html file.Error message has some special character. how to escape the special character and insert my data into the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevAakash
7 Replies
HTML::FormatText::WithLinks::AndTables(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 HTML::FormatText::WithLinks::AndTables(3)

NAME
HTML::FormatText::WithLinks::AndTables - Converts HTML to Text with tables in tact VERSION
Version 0.01 SYNOPSIS
use HTML::FormatText::WithLinks::AndTables; my $text = HTML::FormatText::WithLinks::AndTables->convert($html); Or optionally... my $conf = { # same as HTML::FormatText excepting below cellpadding => 2, # defaults to 1 no_rowspacing => 1, # bool, suppress vertical space between table rows }; my $text = HTML::FormatText::WithLinks::AndTables->convert($html, $conf); DESCRIPTION
This module was inspired by HTML::FormatText::WithLinks which has proven to be a useful `lynx -dump` work-alike. However one frustration was that no other HTML converters I came across had the ability to deal affectively with HTML <TABLE>s. This module can in a rudimentary sense do so. The aim was to provide facility to take a simple HTML based email template, and to also convert it to text with the <TABLE> structure in tact for inclusion as "multipart/alternative" content. Further, it will preserve both the formatting specified by the <TD> tag's "align" attribute, and will also preserve multiline text inside of a <TD> element provided it is broken using <BR/> tags. EXPORT None by default. METHODS
convert EXAMPLE
Given the HTML below ... <HTML><BODY> <TABLE> <TR> <TD ALIGN="right">Name:</TD> <TD>Mr. Foo Bar</TD> </TR> <TR> <TD ALIGN="right">Address:</TD> <TD> #1-276 Quux Lane, <BR/> Schenectady, NY, USA, <BR/> 12345 </TD> </TR> <TR> <TD ALIGN="right">Email:</TD> <TD><a href="mailto:foo@bar.baz">foo@bar.baz</a></TD> </TR> </TABLE> </BODY></HTML> ... the (default) return value of convert() will be as follows. Name: Mr. Foo Bar Address: #1-276 Quux Lane, Schenectady, NY, USA, 12345 Email: [1]foo@bar.baz 1. mailto:foo@bar.baz SEE ALSO
HTML::FormatText::WithLinks HTML::TreeBuilder CAVEATS
* This does not handle <TH> elements whatsoever! * It assumes a fixed width font for display of resulting text. * It doesn't work well on nested <TABLE>s or other nested blocks within <TABLE>s. AUTHOR
Shaun Fryer, "<pause.cpan.org at sourcery.ca>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-html-formattext-withlinks-andtables at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=HTML-FormatText-WithLinks-AndTables>. I will be notifi ed, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc HTML::FormatText::WithLinks::AndTables You can also look for information at: o RT: CPAN's request tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=HTML-FormatText-WithLinks-AndTables> o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/HTML-FormatText-WithLinks-AndTables> o CPAN Ratings <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/HTML-FormatText-WithLinks-AndTables> o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/HTML-FormatText-WithLinks-AndTables> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Everybody. :) <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_on_the_shoulders_of_giants> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008 Shaun Fryer, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 HTML::FormatText::WithLinks::AndTables(3)