Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I want replace string <enclosure>&#x22;</enclosure> with <enclosure>&#x5e;</enclosure> in xml Post 303022828 by reddy12 on Saturday 8th of September 2018 03:41:49 AM
Old 09-08-2018
I want replace string <enclosure>&#x22;</enclosure> with <enclosure>&#x5e;</enclosure> in xml

I have xml files with with extension .ktr in subfolders
i want to replace the string
Code:
<enclosure>&#x22;</enclosure>

with
Code:
<enclosure>&#x5e;</enclosure>

i have written logic but it is not working correctly
Code:
sed -i '' 's#<enclosure>&\#x22;</enclosure>#<enclosure>&\#x5e;</enclosure>#g' *.ktr

out put coming like this
Code:
<enclosure><enclosure>&#x22;</enclosure>#x5e;</enclosure>

but i want like this
Code:
<enclosure>#x5e;</enclosure>

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 09-08-2018 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: Code tags

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Building a NAS enclosure

Can anyone guide me on how to build my own NAS ? I have an old laptop that I want to convert into a NAS, but not use the laptop as such as an NAS because it has some problems. I would like to build a NAS like the ones available in market. I do not want to buy a NAS enclosure , but would like to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace & with &amp; xml file

Hello All I have a xml file with many sets of records like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> also same file can be like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> <tag3>data2&amp;data3</tag3> Now i can grep & and replace with &amp; for whole file but it will replace all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokaish23
4 Replies

5. AIX

Find serial number of storage enclosure?

System: PowerPC_POWER6 OS: AIX 5.x I was told that a disk (hdisk 10) is bad. How can I find "the serial # of the storage enclosure" from command line? How do I find which disk is on which enclosure? Thank you in advance! :) ---------- Post updated at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

6. AIX

enclosure2 SRN 80210 SSA Enclosure

Hi all, How to view more info about this error message that i am keep on getting. Tried "errpt -a" but the output is huge. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies
STR_IREPLACE(3) 							 1							   STR_IREPLACE(3)

str_ireplace - Case-insensitive version ofstr_replace(3).

SYNOPSIS
mixed str_ireplace (mixed $search, mixed $replace, mixed $subject, [int &$count]) DESCRIPTION
This function returns a string or an array with all occurrences of $search in $subject (ignoring case) replaced with the given $replace value. If you don't need fancy replacing rules, you should generally use this function instead of preg_replace(3) with the i modifier. PARAMETERS
If $search and $replace are arrays, then str_ireplace(3) takes a value from each array and uses them to search and replace on $subject. If $replace has fewer values than $search, then an empty string is used for the rest of replacement values. If $search is an array and $replace is a string, then this replacement string is used for every value of $search. The converse would not make sense, though. If $search or $replace are arrays, their elements are processed first to last. o $search - The value being searched for, otherwise known as the needle. An array may be used to designate multiple needles. o $replace - The replacement value that replaces found $search values. An array may be used to designate multiple replacements. o $subject - The string or array being searched and replaced on, otherwise known as the haystack. If $subject is an array, then the search and replace is performed with every entry of $subject, and the return value is an array as well. o $count - If passed, this will be set to the number of replacements performed. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string or an array of replacements. EXAMPLES
Example #1 str_ireplace(3) example <?php $bodytag = str_ireplace("%body%", "black", "<body text=%BODY%>"); ?> NOTES
Note This function is binary-safe. Caution Replacement order gotcha Because str_ireplace(3) replaces left to right, it might replace a previously inserted value when doing multiple replacements. Example #2 in the str_replace(3) documentation demonstrates how this may affect you in practice. SEE ALSO
str_replace(3), preg_replace(3), strtr(3). PHP Documentation Group STR_IREPLACE(3)