Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris11.4 - no X11
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris11.4 - no X11 Post 303022746 by kebabbert on Thursday 6th of September 2018 05:51:33 AM
Old 09-06-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
So are you publishing a solution here or do you still have a problem?
Thanx. I have edited and clarified that I cannot get to X11. That is my problem. I dont have a GUI. why?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Error: installing Nmap on Solaris11 Express

Hello, I am trying to install Nmap on my Solaris machine. I got errors at the very last of "make" command though. Could someone point me out what I am lacking? Thank you! Nmap version: 5.50 (nmap-5.50.tar.bz2) Solaris version (cat /etc/release): Error message ( run "./configure &&... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fragile_it
0 Replies

3. Solaris

[Unix Solaris11] RPM2PKG error about compilation.

Hi, I'm new on this forum. I'm working on Solaris 11 (Express Edition) and I must install some programm created only for RedHat system (I don't want to buy or download RedHat). So I search for this tools and I find a working script for Solaris 9 and 10, but I need that for Solaris 11. So I search... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fraste_
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris11: Permission issues with auto-scrub ZFS pool

Short version: pfexec zpool scrub rpool fails saying I do not have permission to perform that action. Apparently scrub is not one of the pfexec allowed actions. Any idea on how to get around it? Long version: I got tired of manually running scrubs and am trying to set it to happen... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taltamir
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Xmanager 4 not able to connect to Solaris11

I am trying to connect via Xmanager 4 to a T4-2 server running Solaris 11. I checked the /etc/gdm.custom.conf file. The error I get is The MAC (Message Authentication Code) of packet is incorrect When I start the Xmanager on soalris I get a message /dev/fb (file or directory) does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maqsood Mohamme
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris11 and samba4 dc

Simple question. I have a solaris11 test machine When i try to join a samba4 domain give me this error "kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed: invalid credentials" When i join a w2003r2 AD..works perfect I check network ok,dig,reverse ok.. my conf file is ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Configuring network interfaces in Solaris11

Hi all, Just istalled Solaris 11. Want to configure network interfaces and got some problems: #dladm show-phys # #dladm show-link # If i run ifconfig -a, i am getting 2 lo0 (loopback) interfaces and thats all. I can't enable interface, can't list it, can't assign IP to it. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Block port for all except for one specific ip in Solaris11.4

Hi, I need to block ssh port 22 from all the servers except one server ip. Until solaris11.3 and below, I used to do like below(under /etc/ipf/ipf.conf),and it's working fine pass in quick from $server_ip to any port=22 block in quick from any to any port=22 But I tried almost same in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)