Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Learning scrapers, webcrawlers, search engines and CURL Post 303022711 by TBotNik on Wednesday 5th of September 2018 03:12:33 PM
Old 09-05-2018
Neo,

Think you're right about not re-inventing the wheel! Looking for code now!

Cheers!

PS

Did you get my email?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I dont want to know any search engines

I just want to know where I can download it on this website plz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: memattmyself
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cURL to save online search results

Hi, I'm attacking this from ignorance because I am not sure how to even ask the question. Here is the mission: I have a list of about 4,000 telephone numbers for past customers. I need to determine how many of these customers are still in business. Obviously, I could call all the numbers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jccbin
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking status of engines using C-shell

I am relatively new to scripting. I am trying to develop a script that will 1. Source an executable file as an argument to the script that sets up the environment 2. Run a command "stat" that gives the status of 5 Engines running on the system 3. Check the status of the 5 Engines as either... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paslas
0 Replies
PAM_WHEEL(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_WHEEL(8)

NAME
pam_wheel - Only permit root access to members of group wheel SYNOPSIS
pam_wheel.so [debug] [deny] [group=name] [root_only] [trust] [use_uid] DESCRIPTION
The pam_wheel PAM module is used to enforce the so-called wheel group. By default it permits root access to the system if the applicant user is a member of the wheel group. If no group with this name exist, the module is using the group with the group-ID 0. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. deny Reverse the sense of the auth operation: if the user is trying to get UID 0 access and is a member of the wheel group (or the group of the group option), deny access. Conversely, if the user is not in the group, return PAM_IGNORE (unless trust was also specified, in which case we return PAM_SUCCESS). group=name Instead of checking the wheel or GID 0 groups, use the name group to perform the authentication. root_only The check for wheel membership is done only. trust The pam_wheel module will return PAM_SUCCESS instead of PAM_IGNORE if the user is a member of the wheel group (thus with a little play stacking the modules the wheel members may be able to su to root without being prompted for a passwd). use_uid The check for wheel membership will be done against the current uid instead of the original one (useful when jumping with su from one account to another for example). MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
The auth and account module types are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR Authentication failure. PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The return value should be ignored by PAM dispatch. PAM_PERM_DENY Permission denied. PAM_SERVICE_ERR Cannot determine the user name. PAM_SUCCESS Success. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
The root account gains access by default (rootok), only wheel members can become root (wheel) but Unix authenticate non-root applicants. su auth sufficient pam_rootok.so su auth required pam_wheel.so su auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_wheel was written by Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_WHEEL(8)