Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX NAGIOS Service not able to open port on AIX 7.1 Post 303022639 by Neo on Tuesday 4th of September 2018 11:48:49 PM
Old 09-05-2018
What do your Nagios agent startup logs say?

Maybe you can post the recent output of this logfile:

Code:
/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to open a port in AIX

Hi Guys, i am trying to open a port in AIX. but i am not able to get the command for this. AIX is not having the iptables file present. So please any body can tell me how to open a port in AIX... Thanks sanju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanju_d1231
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using SMF to register & start a (Nagios) service

I'm trying to register & start a service using SMF on Solaris 10. It's nsca, part of the Nagios monitoring system. I've got nsca running fine as a detached process, and can manually create passive checks via send_nsca. But when I try to run nsca as a daemon, I need some advice. The nsca... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyle
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Need to run Nagios Web Interface on a different port

Hi, During Nagios install we added the following piece of config to apache httpd.conf file and it runs on the regular port 80, now if I want to run this on a different port then what needs to changed to make it run on lets say port 8080. I tried adding Virtual servers but was getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Nagios service config files with awk

Hope someone can help, I've been pulling my hair out with this one... I've written a shell script that does a sanity check on our quite extensive Nagios configuration for anything that needs cleaning up but wouldn't make the Nagios daemon necessarily bork or complain. One section of the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinbob
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to open port 1001 on AIX 6.1

Hi all, I have problem while starting Oracle Listener on port 1001(I think it's well known ports). It's error "Permission denied" I can start it on port 1111 and no any service started on port 1001(netstat -an). Can I start on this port ??, How ?? Thank you aRm (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
5 Replies

7. Programming

Using Different port for Daytime Service

Hi all, is it possible to use a different port number for daytime service. By default the port number of daytime service is 13, so what if I want to get the time from a different port number e.g say 9000 (or any other port). I guess this would remain the same on the server side !... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisum
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

9. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

10. AIX

Nagios for AIX 7.1

Hello All, I am new to Nagios. I have a requirement to monitor AIX 7.1 using Nagios xi, could any one guide me steps to go in right direction. I know Nagios doesn't have precompiled agent and plugin for aix 7.1. Appreciate your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsivavani
2 Replies
COLLECTD-NAGIOS(1)						     collectd							COLLECTD-NAGIOS(1)

NAME
collectd-nagios - Nagios plugin for querying collectd SYNOPSIS
collectd-nagios -s socket -n value_spec -H hostname [options] DESCRIPTION
This small program is the glue between collectd and nagios. collectd collects various performance statistics which it provides via the "unixsock plugin", see collectd-unixsock(5). This program is called by Nagios, connects to the UNIX socket and reads the values from collectd. It then returns OKAY, WARNING or CRITICAL depending on the values and the ranges provided by Nagios. ARGUMENTS AND OPTIONS
The following arguments and options are required and understood by collectd-nagios. The order of the arguments generally doesn't matter, as long as no argument is passed more than once. -s socket Path of the UNIX socket opened by collectd's "unixsock plugin". -n value_spec The value to read from collectd. The argument is in the form "plugin[-instance]/type[-instance]". -H hostname Hostname to query the values for. -d data_source Each value_spec may be made of multiple "data sources". With this option you can select one or more data sources. To select multiple data sources simply specify this option again. If multiple data sources are examined they are handled according to the consolidation function given with the -g option. -g none|average|sum When multiple data sources are selected from a value spec, they can be handled differently depending on this option. The values of the following meaning: none No consolidation if done and the warning and critical regions are applied to each value independently. average The warning and critical ranges are applied to the average of all values. sum The warning and critical ranges are applied to the sum of all values. percentage The warning and critical ranges are applied to the ratio (in percent) of the first value and the sum of all values. A warning is returned if the first value is not defined or if all values sum up to zero. -c range -w range Set the critical (-c) and warning (-w) ranges. These options mostly follow the normal syntax of Nagios plugins. The general format is "min:max". If a value is smaller than min or bigger than max, a warning or critical status is returned, otherwise the status is success. The tilde sign (~) can be used to explicitly specify infinity. If ~ is used as a min value, negative infinity is used. In case of max, it is interpreted as positive infinity. If the first character of the range is the at sign (@), the meaning of the range will be inverted. I. e. all values within the range will yield a warning or critical status, while all values outside the range will result in a success status. min (and the colon) may be omitted, min is then assumed to be zero. If max (but not the trailing colon) is omitted, max is assumed to be positive infinity. -m If this option is given, "Not a Number" (NaN) is treated as critical. By default, the none consolidation reports NaNs as warning. Other consolidations simply ignore NaN values. RETURN VALUE
As usual for Nagios plugins, this program writes a short, one line status message to STDOUT and signals success or failure with it's return value. It exits with a return value of 0 for success, 1 for warning and 2 for critical. If the values are not available or some other error occurred, it returns 3 for unknown. SEE ALSO
collectd(1), collectd.conf(5), collectd-unixsock(5), <http://nagios.org/> AUTHOR
Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org> 5.1.0 2012-04-02 COLLECTD-NAGIOS(1)