Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo password in shell file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sudo password in shell file Post 303022629 by onenessboy on Tuesday 4th of September 2018 01:21:32 PM
Old 09-04-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbatte1
Presumably the sudo rule that matches your request is prompting for a password. It could be set up to not ask for a password, but that needs to be done carefully to avoid exposing you to risk.

Do you know which rule is being used to grant your access (with the password) to do what you want?

Robin
Hi Robin,

its not sudo , its just su - $ou_user (this is oracle user)

What i am trying to do is once i login to box with generic user then i am trying to switch to ou_user (which is oracle) which mandatorily having password(which i know)

Only issue is I am not able to use password(for oracle user) within script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo in OS X shell script without password prompt??

I've written a shell script to alter a particular preference file on OS X (10.3.9), which works fine (tested by running the script from the terminal sat in front of the box). Problem is, I now have to run this script remotely across a number of machines via remote desktop, so where I've used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brad_GNET
1 Replies

2. Linux

sudo, root password

Hi all.. I'm secering a RH 2.1 server, with gnome (not my choice...), as X manager. Is ther anyway to get sudo ask for root password other then the actual user's password? Like when you launch the graphical IHM to create a new user, it asks for root's password? Is there a way to do the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

verify sudo password

edited and removed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdpalow
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command with password

Hello everybody, Say I forgot my root password (shit happens, no?) and I'd like to brutally try 100 possibilities to delete a file using sudo. How can I make a script that tries all the passwords? The following doesn't work. Do you have a clue? foo:~$ cat test sudo rm dummy <<< 'password' echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

5. AIX

Sudo ask for password

Hello I have a partition with Aix 5.3 and I install sudo I put the commands that I want to use x user and I put the option that donkask for password. But when I run with this user and I try to run that commands. ask me for a password. I put this line for no ask for password with that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

password in sudo script

salmo allikm warhmat allah wabrakato i want to do script with sudo like sudo su and want to put password in the script not get from user because i to made it startup when booting and i don't know how put in script for sudo thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pua06
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sudo + Nohup = no password?

Little confused here When i go to run sudo nohup ./script.ksh & I dont get asked for a password. It starts a process ID, I can see it when i do a ps -ef | grep script. But I dont get an output file from my script, so its not doing anything. What gives? does it have to do the "&" ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo -s without password prompt

hi, i have a requirement where i need to sudo to another user in the shell script.suppose consider user A and B, first user A calls a shell script and then i need to sudo to user B which executes another shell script inside the earlier one. also this needs to be automated like while sudo'ing to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krk
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo reads password from a .cfg file

cleanwork /saswork removes sas orphanded processes in the saswork directory. Subdirectories under sasem are sas94, sas92 and sasworks . I am getting the following error messages: 1. '/usr/bin/sudo -S apt-get update <~/opt/SiM/pos/ps/db_auth.cfg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
4 Replies
NWBORM(8)							      nwborm								 NWBORM(8)

NAME
nwborm - Remove a NetWare Bindery Object SYNOPSIS
nwborm [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -o object name ] [ -t type ] DESCRIPTION
nwborm removes the specified NetWare Bindery Objects. nwborm looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwborm prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -o object name The name of the object to be deleted. -t object type The type of the object. Object type must be specified as a decimal value. Common values are 1 for user objects, 2 for group objects and 3 for print queues. Other values are allowed, but are usually used for specialized applications. AUTHORS
nwborm was written by Volker Lendecke with the corresponding Caldera utility in mind. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwborm 7/9/1996 NWBORM(8)