Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Mobile Navbar Icons from Font Awesome Post 303022588 by Neo on Monday 3rd of September 2018 11:43:37 AM
Old 09-03-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
Absolutely great! Looks and works like a dream.
Thanks.

I may take a break from upgrading the desktop and go back and make some changes to mobile again, including fixing some of the colors, icons, and formatting.

Not sure yet......

Normally, I'm driven by dreams during early AM REM sleep, so it really depends on what I dream during REM sleep on what I will do next, LOL

However, I like the Font Awesome icons better than the other icons on the mobile site, and so I do want to replace them sooner than later.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

[GEOIP] New Welcome Message in Navbar

In case you have not noticed, we added GEOIP_COUNTRY_NAME in your navbar welcome message. So, you should see "Welcome from Your_Country, Member_Name" in your top navbar, just for fun :D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

New UNIX.COM Mobile Site Icons

Having given up for the time being with a very difficult game engine project to virtualizing cyberspace, am working on the forums again. Just updated a few icons on the mobile site. Explanations in the picture captions: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture855.jpeg ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

New Icons Coming from Font Awesome

Finally making some progress on getting rid of the 10 year old buttons with modern day fonts and icons thanks to a responsive web design tutorial by Brad Traversy who's video pointed me to Font Awesome. The buttons and icons were pretty easy to implement but it too me a number of hours... (39 Replies)
39 Replies

4. Web Development

New Font Awesome Icons in Quick Reply Editor

Working on the Quick Reply Editor, I have replaced a number of icons (see image below) with Font Awesome Icons. Was planning to replace all of them, but for some reason, replacing a few of them causes the script / template to break (which is odd) so I left them for now. ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Quick Update on UNIX.COM Site Renovation: Bootstrap, Font Awesome and jQuery

Here is an update on the site renovation: After a lot of analysis and example programming, including testing out a number of Javascript framework and libraries, in the short term, we are getting the most bang-for-the-buck from these three basic, core tech areas: Bootstrap (CSS and... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
Test::Synopsis(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Synopsis(3)

NAME
Test::Synopsis - Test your SYNOPSIS code SYNOPSIS
# xt/synopsis.t (with Module::Install::AuthorTests) use Test::Synopsis; all_synopsis_ok(); # Or, run safe without Test::Synopsis use Test::More; eval "use Test::Synopsis"; plan skip_all => "Test::Synopsis required for testing" if $@; all_synopsis_ok(); DESCRIPTION
Test::Synopsis is an (author) test module to find .pm or .pod files under your lib directory and then make sure the example snippet code in your SYNOPSIS section passes the perl compile check. Note that this module only checks the perl syntax (by wrapping the code with "sub") and doesn't actually run the code. Suppose you have the following POD in your module. =head1 NAME Awesome::Template - My awesome template =head1 SYNOPSIS use Awesome::Template; my $template = Awesome::Template->new; $tempalte->render("template.at"); =head1 DESCRIPTION An user of your module would try copy-paste this synopsis code and find that this code doesn't compile because there's a typo in your variable name $tempalte. Test::Synopsis will catch that error before you ship it. VARIABLE DECLARATIONS
Sometimes you might want to put some undeclared variables in your synopsis, like: =head1 SYNOPSIS use Data::Dumper::Names; print Dumper($scalar, @array, \%hash); This assumes these variables like $scalar are defined elsewhere in module user's code, but Test::Synopsis, by default, will complain that these variables are not declared: Global symbol "$scalar" requires explicit package name at ... In this case, you can add the following POD sequence elsewhere in your POD: =for test_synopsis no strict 'vars' Or more explicitly, =for test_synopsis my($scalar, @array, %hash); Test::Synopsis will find these "=for" blocks and these statements are prepended before your SYNOPSIS code when being evaluated, so those variable name errors will go away, without adding unnecessary bits in SYNOPSIS which might confuse users. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa@bulknews.net> Goro Fuji blogged about the original idea at <http://d.hatena.ne.jp/gfx/20090224/1235449381> based on the testing code taken from Test::Weaken. LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Test::Pod, Test::UseAllModules, Test::Inline, Test::Snippet perl v5.16.3 2009-07-06 Test::Synopsis(3)