Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Missing Logic Looping Through Switch Statement Post 303022574 by Azrael on Monday 3rd of September 2018 03:04:44 AM
Old 09-03-2018
Wow... That was actually a bad copy paste while making a snipet to fit in this post. This is what I should have had:

Code:
for (j = 0; data[j] != 0; j++){
   switch(data[j]){
      case 'c':              output[j] = ranit(c_array);
             break;     
     case 'h':              output[j] = ranit(h_array);             
            break;                 
     case 'e':              output[j] = ranit(e_array);             
            break;
     case 's':              output[j] = ranit(s_array);             
            break;     
     default:                 
            break;                  
     }      
}       

for (i = 0; output[i] != 0; i++) {          
     printf("%x\n", output[i]);      
}

Hopefully that makes more sense now.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using getopt with a switch statement

hi all, i have been trying to get a script working that can take in more than one option using getopt. But for some reason, even when i type in a covered option, it skips directly to my error message of "no match." Any ideas of what might be wrong? set - 'getopt frd*: $*' for i in $* do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammarays
6 Replies

2. Programming

Comapilation error with Switch statement

Hello , How to resolve below compilation error.activity_type is a member of structure and the output from databse will be stored in structure.Expected output wil l be either D or N or C . sample struct format: struct a{ char acAtivity_type; } code: switch (a->activity_type)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl switch statement

I am just learning Tcl and there are few things about it that is perplexing me. I have a question about the switch statement. Why are these two switch statements giving me different results? $ cat test_switch.tcl #!/usr/bin/tcl set foo "abc" switch abc a - b {puts "No. 1"} $foo {puts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SFNYC
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Missing Assigned Variable within logic operator

Hey , I'm trying to perform the following command, however it cannot read the variable assigned earlier. I'm not sure why this happen. Please help thanks while : do echo "what's ur name? (if none just press )" read name changeName = echo $name | sed "s/on/ey/" echo $changeName #this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something is wrong with this switch( case statement.

I started writing a script to save the files from a camera I got the other day, which mounts in /Volumes , and I got into it and started building this menu. The only problem is that the switch case is coming up as a syntax error at the parenthesis after a case. Here is the code: while : do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snakemasterAK
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Looping using cut statement

i want to create loop for below mentioned A1=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f3` A2=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f4` A3=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f5` A4=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f6` A5=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f7` A6=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f8` A7=`echo $obj1 | cut -d "," -f9` A8=`echo $obj1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasricha.kunal
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic needed to recursive looping in the script

Hello i have a requirement where in a file i will get string. The length could be from 1 to 20. if the string is less than 6 characters ( ex: ABCD) . i need to append 'X' on right hand side to make it 6 characters (ex: ABCDXX). if suppose i get the same string from the file as ABCDXX then i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
5 Replies

8. Programming

Passing arguments from command line to switch case statement in C

Hi Am pretty new to C.. Am trying to pass the arguments from command line and use them in switch case statement.. i have tried the following #include <stdlib.h> main(int argc, char* argv) { int num=0; if ( argc == 2 ) num = argv; printf("%d is the num value",num); switch ( num ) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looping Logic, Need to implement

I need to implement a looping logic. If then Go to /path1/file* Get all the filename starting with file* and store it in a array count file number and store it in variable like run Ex: I found 3 file with starting file* so my run = 3 means my loop should run three time May be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies
imsettings-switch(1)													      imsettings-switch(1)

NAME
imsettings-switch - Switch Input Method SYNOPSIS
imsettings-switch [ -hnqrx ] [ --no-update ] [ --quiet ] [ --restart ] [ --read-xinputrc ] [ --help ] [Input Method name | configuration filename] DESCRIPTION
imsettings-switch switches Input Method which is managed under imsettings. Either Input Method name or configuration filename are required unless --read-xinputrc option is specified to determine the target from $HOME/.config/imsettings/xinputrc or $xinputrcdir/xinputrc. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -n --no-update Do not update $HOME/imsettings/xinputrc. without this option, imsettings-switch will updates it with the targeted Input Method. -q --quiet Do not show any messages except errors. -r --restart Restart the given Input Method or one which is determined from xinputrc by --read-xinputrc option. -x --read-xinputrc Determine the targeted Input Method from $HOME/imsettings/xinputrc or $xinputrcdir/xinputrc if not available. -h --help Show summary of options Input Method name Switch Input Method to Input Method name. configuration filename Switch Input Method to configuration filename. SEE ALSO
imsettings-list(1) imsettings-reload(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Akira TAGOH <akira@tagoh.org> Apr 10, 2013 imsettings-switch(1)