Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strange "mv" issue
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Strange "mv" issue Post 303022523 by Neo on Sunday 2nd of September 2018 10:50:40 AM
Old 09-02-2018
Seems you are missing a “$” in your code?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: cd command to access "strange" directories

I have a problem using bash. Simply, I cannot find the right command (if there's one!) to enter in the "- Arch_02 -" directory. As you can see, the name begins with a hyphen and this is causing some trouble: localhost arch2 # pwd /mnt/arch2 localhost arch2 # ls -l total 4 dr-x------ 1 root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotronic
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange "No such file or directory" errors on NFS volumes

we're seeing very strange "No such file or directory" errors on NFS volumes on one of our suse servers - can anyone please help? we're seeing it for both our NetApp NAS Device and one of our Solaris NFS servers too Here is what we're seeing: stg-backup:~ # cd /rmt/sge stg-backup:/rmt/sge... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"╭─ " Character combo in $PATH causes strange autocompletion behavior in zsh

I've posted about this before, but only recently narrowed the problem down to a specific cause. Ok, first of all, the behavior: It occurs when autocompletion brings up its list (not when there is only a single option). Basically, if I were to type, say, cd ~/<TAB> I would get something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marshaul
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

""Help Me!""Beginner awk learning issue

Hi All, I have just now started learning awk from the source - Awk - A Tutorial and Introduction - by Bruce Barnett and the bad part is that I am stuck on the very first example for running the awk script. The script is as - #!/bin/sh # Linux users have to change $8 to $9 awk ' BEGIN ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why awk print is strange when I set FS = " " instead of FS = "\t"?

Look at the following data file(cou.data) which has four fields separated by tab. Four fields are country name, land area, population, continent where it belongs. As for country name or continent name which has two words, two words are separated by space. (Data are not accurately... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chihuyu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
DH_MISSING(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_MISSING(1)

NAME
dh_missing - check for missing files SYNOPSIS
dh_missing [-Xitem] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_missing compares the list of installed files with the files in the source directory. If any of the files (and symlinks) in the source directory were not installed to somewhere, it will warn on stderr about that (--list-missing) or fail (--fail-missing). Please note that without either of these options, dh_missing will silently do nothing. This may be useful if you have a large package and want to make sure that you don't miss installing newly added files in new upstream releases. Remember to test different kinds of builds (dpkg-buildpackage -A/-B/...) as you may experience varying results when only a subset of the packages are built. FILES
debian/not-installed List the files that are deliberately not installed in any binary package. Paths listed in this file are ignored by dh_missing. However, it is not a method to exclude files from being installed by any of the debhelper tool. If you want a tool to not install a given file, please use its --exclude option (where available). dh_missing will expand wildcards in this file (since debhelper 11.1). Wildcards without matches will be ignored. OPTIONS
--list-missing Warn on stderr about source files not installed to somewhere. Note that files that are excluded from being moved via the -X option are not warned about. This is the default in compat 12 and later. --fail-missing This option is like --list-missing, except if a file was missed, it will not only list the missing files, but also fail with a nonzero exit code. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MISSING(1)