Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code that has to end no matter what Post 303022483 by drysdalk on Saturday 1st of September 2018 04:49:27 PM
Old 09-01-2018
Hi,

I'm not entirely clear on what could have caused a reboot here - from the output you've provided it seems that after five seconds the script proceeded to kill the previously-backgrounded command. If you can give us a bit more info on what went wrong, what necessitated a reboot, and how this came about then I'd be happy to offer further suggestions as to how to proceed.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Need help with this matter

I have a PC that was built in Europe pre-installed with Windows 2000. The HDD is 40GB, but, its split up as two 20GB (Taken up by Windows). I want to take over my Mandrake 9.1 CDs and install Linux on that machine. My question is, how would I proceed to install Linux this way??? Now, If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wardialer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete matter in between two lines

help I am having text file like this... ------------------------END OF UPDATION ------------------ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 1 row updated ------------------------END OF UPDATION ------------------ TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal to the front no matter what

Is there a way to bring the terminal script to the front? I am running this script through OMCEdit which is then running it through Terminal. I have some dialog boxes (using osascript) and the dialog boxes are not coming to the front...Terminal bounces and I have to click on Terminal to see the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mainegate
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep matter between braces

#include<header.h> void classname :: pvvd_init ( abcd ,efgh ,ijkl ,mnop ) { rvcl_tabl_name_tabl.pvvd_init ( xxxx ,"tabl_mame" ) ; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange system activity no matter what I try

When I choose to encrypt my drive during a Linux install, it encryps it, but I receive errors in dmesg and in ~/.xsessions-errors during use. The first error is in dmesg where it sometimes shows errors writing to the encypted device. The second error is in ~/.xsessions-errors with an error about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justgoogleit
0 Replies
heart(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition						       heart(3erl)

NAME
heart - Heartbeat Monitoring of an Erlang Runtime System DESCRIPTION
This modules contains the interface to the heart process. heart sends periodic heartbeats to an external port program, which is also named heart . The purpose of the heart port program is to check that the Erlang runtime system it is supervising is still running. If the port program has not received any heartbeats within HEART_BEAT_TIMEOUT seconds (default is 60 seconds), the system can be rebooted. Also, if the system is equipped with a hardware watchdog timer and is running Solaris, the watchdog can be used to supervise the entire system. An Erlang runtime system to be monitored by a heart program, should be started with the command line flag -heart (see also erl(1) . The heart process is then started automatically: % erl -heart ... If the system should be rebooted because of missing heart-beats, or a terminated Erlang runtime system, the environment variable HEART_COM- MAND has to be set before the system is started. If this variable is not set, a warning text will be printed but the system will not reboot. However, if the hardware watchdog is used, it will trigger a reboot HEART_BEAT_BOOT_DELAY seconds later nevertheless (default is 60). To reboot on the WINDOWS platform HEART_COMMAND can be set to heart -shutdown (included in the Erlang delivery) or of course to any other suitable program which can activate a reboot. The hardware watchdog will not be started under Solaris if the environment variable HW_WD_DISABLE is set. The HEART_BEAT_TIMEOUT and HEART_BEAT_BOOT_DELAY environment variables can be used to configure the heart timeouts, they can be set in the operating system shell before Erlang is started or be specified at the command line: % erl -heart -env HEART_BEAT_TIMEOUT 30 ... The value (in seconds) must be in the range 10 < X <= 65535. It should be noted that if the system clock is adjusted with more than HEART_BEAT_TIMEOUT seconds, heart will timeout and try to reboot the system. This can happen, for example, if the system clock is adjusted automatically by use of NTP (Network Time Protocol). In the following descriptions, all function fails with reason badarg if heart is not started. EXPORTS
set_cmd(Cmd) -> ok | {error, {bad_cmd, Cmd}} Types Cmd = string() Sets a temporary reboot command. This command is used if a HEART_COMMAND other than the one specified with the environment variable should be used in order to reboot the system. The new Erlang runtime system will (if it misbehaves) use the environment variable HEART_COMMAND to reboot. Limitations: The length of the Cmd command string must be less than 2047 characters. clear_cmd() -> ok Clears the temporary boot command. If the system terminates, the normal HEART_COMMAND is used to reboot. get_cmd() -> {ok, Cmd} Types Cmd = string() Get the temporary reboot command. If the command is cleared, the empty string will be returned. Ericsson AB kernel 2.14.3 heart(3erl)