Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code that has to end no matter what Post 303022472 by drysdalk on Saturday 1st of September 2018 10:50:07 AM
Old 09-01-2018
Hi,

One modification you could make here would be to change the line defining maxruntime to this instead:

Code:
maxruntime=$1

The variable $1 has a special meaning referring to the first command-line parameter passed into the script. So for a ten-second timeout, you could then run the script by typing script.sh 10, and when the script ran maxruntime would take the definition of the first parameter passed to the script - 10, in this case.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Need help with this matter

I have a PC that was built in Europe pre-installed with Windows 2000. The HDD is 40GB, but, its split up as two 20GB (Taken up by Windows). I want to take over my Mandrake 9.1 CDs and install Linux on that machine. My question is, how would I proceed to install Linux this way??? Now, If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wardialer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete matter in between two lines

help I am having text file like this... ------------------------END OF UPDATION ------------------ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 1 row updated ------------------------END OF UPDATION ------------------ TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal to the front no matter what

Is there a way to bring the terminal script to the front? I am running this script through OMCEdit which is then running it through Terminal. I have some dialog boxes (using osascript) and the dialog boxes are not coming to the front...Terminal bounces and I have to click on Terminal to see the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mainegate
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep matter between braces

#include<header.h> void classname :: pvvd_init ( abcd ,efgh ,ijkl ,mnop ) { rvcl_tabl_name_tabl.pvvd_init ( xxxx ,"tabl_mame" ) ; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange system activity no matter what I try

When I choose to encrypt my drive during a Linux install, it encryps it, but I receive errors in dmesg and in ~/.xsessions-errors during use. The first error is in dmesg where it sometimes shows errors writing to the encypted device. The second error is in ~/.xsessions-errors with an error about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justgoogleit
0 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)