Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Discussion (Thread) Tagging Upgrades Post 303022461 by Neo on Saturday 1st of September 2018 07:00:15 AM
Old 09-01-2018
Yes, I fully understand the arguments and engineering trade-offs in the areas of tagging and taxonomies.

In our case, on this site, here is my estimate of the problem of tagging on UNIX.COM today:
  1. 90% Lack of members tagging threads.
  2. 10% Issues with similar tags (not fully harmonized)

So, I'm more interested in focusing on the 90% problem and not the 10% (or less issue).

When the balance reverses (and becomes a serious problem), we can address the problem of harmonization and similar tags; but for the foreseeable future, the focus should be tagging without any worry or concern about similar tags, etc.

When I see there is a bonafide problem in the tag space, I will address; but for now, I really think it is not an issue.

Also, moderators and admins can add and delete (and change) tags. It's fun and just takes a second to delete misspelled tags, delete unnecessary tag variations or add additional tags to thread.

Thanks.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CVS Tagging Script

Hi All, We have to tag all source code files to prepare a release kit. We have one CVS Project under which all files have to be tagged. We use the following cvs command to tag a specific version of a file: 'cvs rtag -r X.XX -F "newbuild" somefile' This command asks for the CVS Login... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ID3 tagging script

I'm trying to get a little script working with DropScript 0.5 that edits the ID3 tags of an MP3. Here's what I've got: #!/bin/sh # Strip directory part but leave extension. in_base=`basename "$@"` # Strip extension. in_noext=`echo "$in_base" | sed 's/\.*$//'` /opt/local/bin/id3v2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SimonDorfman
4 Replies

3. AIX

How can I manage redundant HMC upgrades with firmware upgrades?

Lets says I have 2 HMC's A and B, connected to a p570 managed system. Right now the firmware level of the p570 is EM320_076 and that needs to be upgraded to EM340_095. Now the HMC's are at V7R3.3 and as per the code matrix the HMC's needs to be upgraded to V7R3.4 Servicepack 2. Now my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies