Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code that has to end no matter what Post 303022415 by drysdalk on Friday 31st of August 2018 08:12:47 AM
Old 08-31-2018
Hi,

OK, two things to try here:

1. Use the full path in your command - so /usr/bin/stress (assuming that's where it's installed on your system, naturally) rather than just stress
2. Remove the double-quotes from around the "$command" statement, so that it simply reads $command

Hope this helps.
This User Gave Thanks to drysdalk For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Need help with this matter

I have a PC that was built in Europe pre-installed with Windows 2000. The HDD is 40GB, but, its split up as two 20GB (Taken up by Windows). I want to take over my Mandrake 9.1 CDs and install Linux on that machine. My question is, how would I proceed to install Linux this way??? Now, If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wardialer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete matter in between two lines

help I am having text file like this... ------------------------END OF UPDATION ------------------ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 1 row updated ------------------------END OF UPDATION ------------------ TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal to the front no matter what

Is there a way to bring the terminal script to the front? I am running this script through OMCEdit which is then running it through Terminal. I have some dialog boxes (using osascript) and the dialog boxes are not coming to the front...Terminal bounces and I have to click on Terminal to see the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mainegate
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep matter between braces

#include<header.h> void classname :: pvvd_init ( abcd ,efgh ,ijkl ,mnop ) { rvcl_tabl_name_tabl.pvvd_init ( xxxx ,"tabl_mame" ) ; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange system activity no matter what I try

When I choose to encrypt my drive during a Linux install, it encryps it, but I receive errors in dmesg and in ~/.xsessions-errors during use. The first error is in dmesg where it sometimes shows errors writing to the encypted device. The second error is in ~/.xsessions-errors with an error about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justgoogleit
0 Replies
ffcfstress(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ffcfstress(1)

NAME
ffcfstress - constant force stress test for force-feedback devices SYNOPSIS
ffcfstress [-d <device>] [-u <update rate>] [-f <frequency>] [-a <amplitude>] [-s <strength>] [-x <axis>] [-A] [-o] DESCRIPTION
ffcfstress stress tests constant non-enveloped forces on a force feedback device. It simulates a moving spring force by applying a fre- quently updated constant force effect. Beware, the stress test may damage your device! OPTIONS
At least one option is required. -d <device> The device to test (by default /dev/input/event0). -u <update rate> The update rate in Hz (25 by default). -f <frequency> The spring center motion frequency in Hz (0.1 by default). -a <amplitude> The spring center motion amplitude, between 0.0 and 1.0 (1.0 by default). -s <strength> The spring strength factor (1.0 by default). -x <axis> absolute axis to test (default: 0) [0 = X, 1 = Y, 2 = Z, 3 = RX, 4 = RY, 5 = RZ, 6 = WHEEL] -A switch off auto-centering -o Dummy option, useful when all defaults should be used. SEE ALSO
ffmvforce(1), fftest(1), jstest(1). AUTHOR
ffcfstress was written by Oliver Hamann. This manual page was written by Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It was last modified for ffcfstress dated February 15, 2002. ffcfstress March 8, 2009 ffcfstress(1)