Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tcsh, using " in a string variable Post 303022346 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 30th of August 2018 12:02:53 PM
Old 08-30-2018
You can try another run of the shell parser (after the variable substituition)
Code:
eval convert a.tif $namestr b.tif

The second run should see the two " and form a "string".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is "escape sequence" in tcsh on Solaris

I've tried \e, \033, ^[, they doesn't work with tcsh on Solaris. Anyone could give a help? Thanks, WP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: modemer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine "find" command in for each loop (tcsh)

Hello I was wandering if I can combine find command in side for each loop in unix the main propose is to change some thing in files from several types and not all of them is this possible ? (on liner script? ) tnx for the helppers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"$variable" is not behaving as a string in my script

Hi All, I am using the below while syntax for reading my file but its not working. Below is the line in my file " 123 rteyu 566" when I use below code the spaces are truncated for 1st variable while read line do x=`echo "$line"|cut -c 1-8` y=`echo "$line"|cut -c 9-15` echo "$x" echo "$y"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

input string="3MMTQSZ348GGMZRQWMJM4SD6M";output string="3MMTQ-SZ348-GGMZR-QWMJM-4SD6

input string="3MMTQSZ348GGMZRQWMJM4SD6M" output string="3MMTQ-SZ348-GGMZR-QWMJM-4SD6M" using linux shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping " in string variable

Hi again, in my bash script I have several variable strings like in an array STRING_NAME="qqq qqq qqq" STRING_NAME="www www www" STRING_NAME="eee eee eee" This strings are passed to another program as ${STRING_NAME} The problem is the program doesn't recognize the whole string "qqq... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - extract string before "/" from variable- linux 2.6.9-89

Hi, I have a FTP script which gets called from a wrapper script that exports a variable having value as: "/export/home/dips/logs/dipsSFTP_file1.log.YYYYMMDDHHMISS". I want to extract the file name "dipsSFTP_file1.log.YYYYMMDDHHMISS" and the dir path "/export/home/dips/logs/" from this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh - understanding difference between "echo string" and "echo string > /dev/stdout"

I came across and unexpected behavior with redirections in tcsh. I know, csh is not best for redirections, but I'd like to understand what is happening here. I have following script (called out_to_streams.csh): #!/bin/tcsh -f echo Redirected to STDOUT > /dev/stdout echo Redirected to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcink
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH scripts that use the same variable names

If I run two different TCSH scripts simultaneously that use identical variable names will this cause any problems? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I find "-" ni the string variable?

I have 100 strings, which have YYYYDDMMHHMMSS in it and only one is YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS. I want to find that dash and replace it. If I check each string, using sed 's/-//g', it shows me warning that - is not found. So I need if ;then sed 's/-//g', but I cannot find correct regular expression to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
11 Replies
TIFFSET(1)						      General Commands Manual							TIFFSET(1)

NAME
tiffset - set a field in a TIFF header SYNOPSIS
tiffset [ options ] filename.tif DESCRIPTION
Tiffset sets the value of a TIFF header to a specified value. OPTIONS
-d dirnumber change the current directory (starting at 0). -s tagnumber [ count ] value ... Set the value of the named tag to the value or values specified. -sd diroffset change the current directory by offset. -sf tagnumber filename Set the value of the tag to the contents of filename. This option is supported for ASCII tags only. EXAMPLES
The following example sets the image description tag(270) of a.tif to the contents of the file descrip: tiffset -sf 270 descrip a.tif The following example sets the artist tag(315) of a.tif to the string ``Anonymous'': tiffset -s 315 Anonymous a.tif This example sets the resolution of the file a.tif to 300 dpi: tiffset -s 296 2 a.tif tiffset -s 282 300.0 a.tif tiffset -s 283 300.0 a.tif Set the photometric interpretation of the third page of a.tif to min-is-black (ie. inverts it): tiffset -d 2 -s 262 1 a.tif SEE ALSO
tiffdump(1), tiffinfo(1), tiffcp(1), libtiff(3TIFF) Libtiff library home page: http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/ libtiff November 21, 2004 TIFFSET(1)