Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Migrate AIX to new Hardware
Operating Systems AIX Migrate AIX to new Hardware Post 303022337 by System Admin 77 on Thursday 30th of August 2018 09:50:26 AM
Old 08-30-2018
@vbe

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I should have provided the information.

Middleware: WAS 8.x

Database: DB2 11.x

we use only 1 IP per LPAR. We do not have Mirrored vg as of now.
But, We usually add a (on demand) new disk (alt_disk_copy/clone) during OS upgrades.

Thank you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to migrate UP-UX shell scripts to AIX 5.2

Hello, We would to migrate some shell scripts (korn shell) from HP-UX to AIX 5.2 I would know: - If the HP-UX scripts work as well in AIX? - If no, is there a migration tool to detect incompatible lines in scripts? - How do proceed? Our scripts do: - Loads data in Oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: P026687
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Hardware commands

Hi All, Needed commands to find Monitor , chassis & keyboard related information on AIX. Please please please help. Thanks VK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Hardware Configuration *I'm very new*

I'd like to start by saying how extremely new I am to any UNIX OS, although I've been dealing with Linux systems off and on for roughly a year now, and am trained primarily on Windows Servers. Our company has an old AIX system, running AIX version 4. The server we are using is more then 10... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: webers
6 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.2 and 5.3 hardware support questions...

If anyone has the answer to this question I would be eternally grateful: I just took a new job supporting IBM Blade Servers and "E" Chassis. The model for this is significantly different than anything I have done in the past which has included what I would call typical Unix support... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtelep
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to install/ migrate AIX through remote login

How to install/ migrate AIX through remote login (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
1 Replies

6. SCO

Migrate SCO 5.0.6 to different hardware

hi Howto migrate SCO Unix 5.0.6 to different hardware? I'd like to try using Acronis. Which Acronis Version support SCO Unix 5.0.6? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
14 Replies

7. AIX

AIX LVM migrate lp

Hi, I have questions about unix AIX's lvm. Is there some problem to do migrate lp into a mirrored vg or should i break the mirror before? Is necessary to run reorgvg after I migrate lp ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfastar
1 Replies

8. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

9. SCO

Migrate UNIXWare from old machine to new machine (different hardware)

Good afternoon all, I'm a bit stuck... I honestly don't know very much about Unix let alone UnixWare for that matter. I have a system that's very old and could fail really at any time. I have another server I'd like to move everything to yet I don't know what's possible. The current server is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubiks015
2 Replies
DB2_PCLOSE(3)								 1							     DB2_PCLOSE(3)

db2_pclose - Closes a persistent database connection

SYNOPSIS
bool db2_pclose (resource $resource) DESCRIPTION
This function closes a DB2 client connection created with db2_pconnect(3) and returns the corresponding resources to the database server. Note This function is only available on i5/OS in response to i5/OS system administration requests. If you have a persistent DB2 client connection created with db2_pconnect(3), you may use this function to close the connection. To avoid substantial connection performance penalties, this function should only be used in rare cases when the persistent connection has become unresponsive or the persistent connection will not be needed for a long period of time. PARAMETERS
o $connection - Specifies an active DB2 client connection. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Closing a persistent connection The following example demonstrates a successful attempt to close a connection to an IBM DB2 i5/OS database. <?php $conn = db2_pconnect('', '', ''); $rc = db2_pclose($conn); if ($rc) { echo "Connection was successfully closed."; } ?> The above example will output: Connection was successfully closed. SEE ALSO
db2_close(3), db2_pconnect(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_PCLOSE(3)