Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why? Post 303022269 by RudiC on Wednesday 29th of August 2018 04:02:01 AM
Old 08-29-2018
Apart from a few isolated questions to askubuntu.com or wiki.ubuntu.com I didn't regularly spend much time on other IT / *nix related fora in recent years. Admittedly, as it has become rather quiet in here for some time now, I started to follow / participate unix.stackexchange.com for a few weeks now. Still, unix.com is my favorite place to look for.
I welcome any measures to increase the popularity of this site. That taxonomy-based approach may help here, as long as the look and feel doesn't change dramatically.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generation file copying for tech support backup

Hi All, I've looked through the forum and haven't quite found what I'm looking to do. We're migrating our systems from a midrange to HP-UX, and I'm quite new to UNIX so I'm hoping that I can get pointed in the right direction. What I'm looking to do is save generations of files for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjohnson
12 Replies

3. Web Development

How do you make web sites?

:confused: I've read how on some websites but I still don't get it. I need specific details. I want to make a website for my photography. Please help!:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animelibara123
3 Replies

4. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies

5. Red Hat

Web sites

Hi, I can't view web portal in my intranet from linux RHE, and neither to web application. My network configuration /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/fcfg-eth0 is ok, what is happen?, can you help me please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xochitl
2 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)