Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with email sent from Linux server Post 303022060 by Leo87 on Thursday 23rd of August 2018 09:16:51 AM
Old 08-23-2018
I am not sure if I understand correctly. Its UTF-8. I am looking for a way to replace this character.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Crontab email issue

Hi, I have a script that sends a db extract file as an email attachment. I have a crontab created to run it everyday at 8 am.. 00 08 * * * ksh /home/rtaaa/tbasd/report.sh > /home/rtaaa/tbasd/logs/report.log When i just run the "ksh /home/rtaaa/tbasd/report.sh >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryannam
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to send an email to a Linux Server?

Hello All, I was curious if its possible to send an email (in reverse) to a linux server from an email client (like Lotus Notes, Outlook, etc...)? I know it's possible to send an email FROM a Linux Server TO a email address, but I tried to just 'reply' to the Linux Servers address that sent... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX email issue

Hi all, I have tried to send an email with the below script. but i am not getting the subject of the email where it is present in the simply.txt. I am using HP UNIX server. I am not sure what mistake i made in the below unix command. any help would be appreciated. cat simply.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email issue

hi all, i am not getting with the email attached not sure what wrong with the syntax can u help me out plz. cat notavailabltext.txt please reach to team for any issues. uuencode notavailable.txt notavailable.txt | mailx -m -s "Files are available" arun@trival.com < notavailabltext.txt (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
6 Replies

7. Programming

Perl - EMail issue - NEED Help

I have a perl that is sending emails in a bad format: "begin 644 Included.doc M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BH*4U5#0T534T953"!-1$XG<R!F;W(@07)C:&EV92!022`M M($-A;F-E;`HJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to Build an Email Server on Ubuntu Linux?

hi there ! how SSH into my Ubuntu server to Build or Send an Email? is it true to use iRedMail? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fns4565
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange permission issue on Linux server.

Starting sendmail throws this error: I decided to see the permission on the files under /etc/mail and this is the output: # ls -ltr total 284 -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 1847 Jan 27 2014 virtusertable -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 127 Jan 27 2014 trusted-users -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 92... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Email Issue

Hello, I am facing an issue with email in Linux. I am using mailx command to send email. When I give invalid domain address then it is taking both sender and recipient as sender email and trying to send email. Below is my command echo -e "${EMAIL_TEXT}" | mailx -v -s "${SUBJECT}" -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
5 Replies
MB_INTERNAL_ENCODING(3) 						 1						   MB_INTERNAL_ENCODING(3)

mb_internal_encoding - Set/Get internal character encoding

SYNOPSIS
mixed mb_internal_encoding ([string $encoding = mb_internal_encoding()]) DESCRIPTION
Set/Get the internal character encoding PARAMETERS
o $encoding -$encoding is the character encoding name used for the HTTP input character encoding conversion, HTTP output character encoding conversion, and the default character encoding for string functions defined by the mbstring module. You should notice that the internal encoding is totally different from the one for multibyte regex. RETURN VALUES
If $encoding is set, then Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. In this case, the character encoding for multibyte regex is NOT changed. If $encoding is omitted, then the current character encoding name is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mb_internal_encoding(3) example <?php /* Set internal character encoding to UTF-8 */ mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8"); /* Display current internal character encoding */ echo mb_internal_encoding(); ?> SEE ALSO
mb_http_input(3), mb_http_output(3), mb_detect_order(3), mb_regex_encoding(3). PHP Documentation Group MB_INTERNAL_ENCODING(3)