Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Modify text file if found multiple pattern match for every line. Post 303022056 by RudiC on Thursday 23rd of August 2018 08:08:51 AM
Old 08-23-2018
Try
Code:
sed -e '0,/! IPG:/{/! IPG:/a\
\

testplan generation off' -e '; }; /! IPG:/ b;' -e 's/;/; permanent,/; t;' -e '/^ *$/!s/$/; permanent/' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating multiple lines to one line if match pattern

Hi all, I've been working on a script which I have hit a road block now. I have written a script using sed to extract the below data and pumped into another file: Severity............: MAJORWARNING Summary: System temperature is out of normal range. Severity............: MAJORWARNING... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: phixsius
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Specific Line of a Text File

Given a text file, how do you add a line of text after a specific line number? I believe I would want to use "sed" but I am unsure of the syntax. Thank you. Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to modify perl script: Text file with line and more than 1 space

Dear Friends, I am beginner in Perl and trying to find the problem in a script. Kindly help me to modify the script. My script is not giving the output for the last field and followed text (LA: Language English). Input file & script as follows: Input file: Thu Mar 19 2:34:14 EDT 2009 STC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a file by another file: add new line and variable after string is found

hello, I have problem with writing/adjusting a shell script. I searched forum and unfortunately couldn't write scipt based on the information I found. I never wtire such so it's hard for me and I do need to modify one script immediately. case looks like: 1. 'file' that needs to be modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bipbip
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To add a new line with specific text after the pattern is found using sed

hi guys, im trying to add the following line in my xml file <dbrollbacksegs <oa_var="s_db_rollback_segs">NOROLLBACK</dbrollbacksegs> when ever i find the following line <dbsharedpool oa_var="s_dbsharedpool_size">300000000</dbsharedpool> I have succedded till adding a new line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarlaku
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify one line in a plain text file

Hi everyone, I want to know, if there is a way to modify one line in a text file with unix script, with out re-writing all the file. For example, i have this file: CONFIGURATION_1=XXXX CONFIGURATION_2=YYYY CONFIGURATION_3=ZZZZ supose i have a command or function "modify" that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text till pattern match found in a line

Hi All, From the below line if we want to display all the text till found pattern dot/. I was trying with the below code but couldn't able to print text before the pattern. it display texts which is found after pattern. awk '/assed/{print;getline;print}' file_name | sed 's/^*. *//' input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text on particular line after pattern found

hi, i have /etc/inittab, I want to add another line after that when i find a pattern "l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6". original l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6 after-change l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6 /sbin/if-pp-to-cng (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern match and print the output in a single line

I need to match two patterns in a log file and need to get the next line of the one of the pattern (out of two patterns) that is matched, finally need to print these three values in a single line. Sample Log: 2013/06/11 14:29:04 <0999> (725102) Processing batch 02_1231324 2013/06/11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)