Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Random letters
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Random letters Post 303022039 by eldeingles on Thursday 23rd of August 2018 05:26:41 AM
Old 08-23-2018
That's what I would need to be incorporated into an Excel sheet.

Code:
A ransom ... has been made for the kidnapped racehorse.  \t _  _ m _ nd

Code:
A third of the country's population is of mixed racial ... . \t h _ ri _  _  _ e

Code:
the professional ... of the lawyers and accountants involved  \t _ ees

And the words that didn't come out well is because none of their letters were substituted by any blank.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

capital letters GONE!

I have an odd issue. I am trying to copy some files/folders to my linux box via a burned CD which I created on my mac. When I browse the files on the mac (or my windows box), everything looks fine (some of the folder names start with a capital letter, which is needed for everything to work... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blogg
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

transposing letters

Hi, I've written a shell function in bash that reads letters into an array, then outputs them in one column with: for n in "${array}"; do echo $n done I was wondering if anyone knew how i would transpose the letters that are output by the for loop. Right now my output is: aabbcc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: myscsa2004
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

trim letters

Hello, I have a list of words.. ranging from 4 to any characters long.. to not more than 20 though. How can I select only first seven letters of the list of words? example:- wwwwwwwwww eeeee wererreetf sdsarddrereewtewt sdsdsds sdsd ereetetttt ewtwertwrttrttrtrtwtrww I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to strip few letters

Hey guys.. Can experts help me in achieving my purpose.. I have a file which contains email address of some 100 to 1000 domains, I need only the domain names.. Eg: abc@yahoo.com hd@gamil.com ed@hotmail.com The output should contain only Yahoo.com ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: achararun
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add letters

I want to add letters A,B,C,… in front of every line of input while printing them out using PERL. eg A file is parsed as a cmd line arg and its context will be displayed as A line1... B line 2.. I tried this..but I want better and perfect solution! !perl -p my $counter; BEGIN { $counter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

expect script for random password and random commands

Hi I am new to expect. Please if any one can help on my issue its really appreciable. here is my issue: I want expect script for random passwords and random commands generation. please can anyone help me? Many Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Random insertion of letters to password

Hi,, Here i have attached a text file where iam facing problem in my code. Please read the file and help me out of this issue.. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Randomize letters

Hi, Is there a tool somewhat parallel to rev, but which randomizes instead of reverses? I've tried rl, but I can only get it to randomize words. I was hoping for something like this echo "hello" | ran leolh less simpler solutions are also welcome. Sorry if the question is... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeppe83
21 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cut only letters?

I was wondering how I could cut only the names of items from the following list: spoons50 cups29 forks50 plates29 I used "man cut" and thought -c would help, but the items have different character lengths. Please note that there is no space between the item and number (so I can't use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PTcharger
10 Replies
AMC-EXPORT(1)						       Auto Multiple Choice						     AMC-EXPORT(1)

NAME
AMC-export - exports marks for AMC multiple choice exams. SYNOPSIS
auto-multiple-choice export --data project-data-dir --module module --fich-noms students-list.csv [--noms-encodage list-encoding] --o output-file DESCRIPTION
The AMC-export.pl command exports marks from an Auto Multiple Choice exam. --data project-data-dir gives the directory where data files are (see for example AMC-prepare(1)). --module module selects a module for export. See below for the modules included in the AMC standard distribution. --fich-noms students-list.csv sets the students list file. --noms-encodage list-encoding selects an encoding for file students-list.csv (default is utf-8). --o output-file gives the output file name. --option-out options gives an option for selected module, in the form key=value (see below for possible options for each module). To specify multiple options, use --option several times. --sort sort-type sort the students names, depending on sort-type. If sort-type is l, use line number from students list file to sort. If sort-type is m, use mark (and name if marks are equal) to sort. If sort-type is i, use student number to sort. If sort-type is n, use name to sort (or line from students list if equal). --useall all if all is 0 or empty, only students with a scaned answer sheet appears in the output. If all is 1, all students in the students list appears in the output. MODULES
OpenDocument With "--module ods", an OpenDocument (for use by OpenOffice or LibreOffice for example) is produced. The following options are recognized: nom gives a name for the exam, to be written on the beginning of the sheet. code gives an short name for the exam, to be used as a tab name. columns sets the list of columns that are to be added to each student. Default value is student.key,student.name. stats with a true value, a table will be added with statistics for all questions. statsindic with a true value, a table will be added with statistics for all indicative questions. CSV With "--module CSV", a CSV file is produced. The following options are recognized: columns sets the list of columns that are to be added to each student. Default value is student.copy,student.key,student.name. decimal sets the decimal point (default is a dot). encodage sets the encoding to use for output (default is utf-8). separateur sets the character used between colums (default is a comma). entoure sets the character used to enclose strings (default is a double quote). ticked if not empty, additional columns (with "CHECKED:" prefix) are included to give all the checked boxes on all the sheets. This can be used by an external program to retrieve all the checked boxes when marks are not sufficient. Use value 01 to get 0;0;1;1;0 if boxes 3 and 4 are checked, and value AB to get CD if boxes 3 and 4 are checked. List With "--module List", a PDF file is produced with a list of marks for all students. The following options are recognized: pagesize The page size. Default value is a4. nom gives the name of the exam, to be printed at the top of the page. ncols The number of columns. Default value is 2. decimal sets the decimal point (default is a dot). AUTHORS
Alexis Bienvenue <paamc@passoire.fr> Main author Jean Berard Translation from French Georges Khaznadar Translation from French COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Alexis Bienvenue This document can be used according to the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Auto Multiple Choice 1.1.1 06/19/2012 AMC-EXPORT(1)