Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Logical Error With Type Conversion In C Post 303022029 by Azrael on Thursday 23rd of August 2018 04:34:07 AM
Old 08-23-2018
Thank you both for explaining why this would not work. At one time I new about the char range, but forgot. Much appreciated again!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error in creating logical partition

Dear Members, I am using SCO-Unix 5.0.5. I have created 2 logical drives but some of the blocks are overlapped and are now giving warning during startup. I have used fsck to settle the problems but to no avail. Kindly help me to sort out the problem. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagendrajaiswal
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does KSH support data type conversion?

Hello,everyone here. I'm coding with KSH to achieve exploring the disk space and judging whether it closes to overflow.But It seems that no one way to convert a string variable to integer. df | read A B C D E F G H I J K L print ${L} Can I convert L to integer type? Thanks for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshuaduan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error during run: St9bad_alloc - Getting this error while using some conversion progr

Hi all, It will be very useful If you spare some time with me for this worrying error. I am calling a conversion program which is written in C++ for converting a file format to different format. It was working fine for this past 2 yrs. But now it is not working since the file size has been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathu_pec
1 Replies

4. AIX

Type of Logical Volume lost after vgexport/gvimport process

Hi, I have the next doubt about of lost of characteristic of LV in my original configuration # lsvg -l ifxvg ifxvg: LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT aw64m_01 jfs 1 1 1 open/syncd N/A aw64m_02 jfs 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cerber0
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical error

I have this script to uvscan-update. Seems like that i am getting logical error at the end of the script. It is updating the script and also giving the error message to update it manually. I have deleted the DAT files to see if it will create new and it does. Below is the error and the script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mk07md
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Military type format date/time conversion

Hello All, I have a requirement to convert a 12 hour format to 24 hour time format and the sample input /out put is below Input Time format : Nov 2 2011 12:16AM Out Put Format : Nov 2 2011 0:16 Input : Nov 2 2011 4:16PM Out Put: Nov 2 2011 16:16 I have done this using a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
6 Replies

8. Programming

type conversion C, atoi()

In the book "The C programming language"; second edition, chapter 2.7 there is a snippet which is supposed to: "convert a string of digits into its numeric equivalent". int atoi(char s) { int i, n; n = 0; for ( i = 0; s >= '0' && s <= '9'; ++i) n = 10 * n + (s -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tornow
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical if error

Hi All, I am writing a simple script to read a file and display the lines with char count between 20 and 25. I am stuck with the if condition here. Tried a lot but still getting an error on the if condition # if && if && My script is very simple as below, not able to understand... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nss280
7 Replies
kiconv_close(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					  kiconv_close(9F)

NAME
kiconv_close - code conversion descriptor deallocation function SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/errno.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int kiconv_close(kiconv_t cd); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
cd Code conversion descriptor to be deallocated. DESCRIPTION
The kiconv_close() function deallocates the conversion descriptor cd and all other associated resources allocated by the kiconv_open() function. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, kiconv_close() returns 0; otherwise, it returns the following errno value to indicate the error: EBADF The code conversion descriptor is invalid. CONTEXT
kiconv_close() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Closing the Code Conversion The following example shows how to close the code conversion descriptor with error checking: if (kiconv_close(cd) == EBADF) { /* Code conversion descriptor is invalid. */ return (-1); } The following example shows how to close the code conversion descriptor without error checking: (void) kiconv_close(cd); ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
iconv(3C), iconv_close(3C), iconv_open(3C), u8_strcmp(3C), u8_textprep_str(3C), u8_validate(3C), uconv_u16tou32(3C), uconv_u16tou8(3C), uconv_u32tou16(3C), uconv_u32tou8(3C), uconv_u8tou16(3C), uconv_u8tou32(3C), attributes(5), kiconv(9F), kiconvstr(9F), kiconv_open(9F), u8_strcmp(9F), u8_textprep_str(9F), u8_validate(9F), uconv_u16tou32(9F), uconv_u16tou8(9F), uconv_u32tou16(9F), uconv_u32tou8(9F), uconv_u8tou16(9F), uconv_u8tou32(9F) The Unicode Standard http://www.unicode.org/standard/standard.html SunOS 5.11 16 Oct 2007 kiconv_close(9F)