Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to uppercase matching line when string found? Post 303021995 by baris35 on Wednesday 22nd of August 2018 08:05:11 AM
Old 08-22-2018
Dear Peasant, Dear Rudic,
Thank you, both works nice.

Kind regards
Boris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string matching a pattern from a line

Hi All, I am pretty new to pattern matching and extraction using shell scripting. Could anyone please help me in extracting the word matching a pattern from a line in bash. Input Sample (can vary between any of the 3 samples below): 1) Adaptec SCSI RAID 5445 2) Adaptec SCSI 5445S RAID 3)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jharish
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep on string and printing line after until another string has been found

Hello Everyone, I just started scripting this week. I have no background in programming or scripting. I'm working on a script to grep for a variable in a log file Heres what the log file looks like. The x's are all random clutter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx START: xxxxxxxxxxxx... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxc23816
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and write a value to next line of found string

Hi, I have two variables x and y. i need to find a particular string in a file, a workflow name and then insert the values of x and y into the next lines of the workflow name. basically it is like as below wf_xxxxxx $$a= $$b= $$c= figo $$d=bentley i need to grep the 'wf_xxxx' and then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append a string on the next line after a pattern string is found

Right now, my code is: s/Secondary Ins./Secondary Ins.\ 1/g It's adding a 1 as soon as it finds Secondary Ins. Primary Ins.: MEDICARE B DMERC Secondary Ins. 1: CONTINENTAL LIFE INS What I really want to achieve is having a 1 added on the next line that contain "Secondary Ins." It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeee
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a matching string(line) which is also in other lines

Hi, i need help with my shell script I have a file input.txt containing the following contents /. /usr /usr/share /usr/share/doc /usr/share/doc/wine /usr/share/doc/wine/copyright /usr/share/doc/wine/changelog.Debian.gz I need output as /usr/share/doc/wine /usr/share/doc/wine/copyright... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit0991
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert string at end of line if it found from list

Hi all, can some one help me out file 1 i have 06/01 3:14 d378299 06/01 8:10 d642036 06/01 10:51 d600441 06/01 10:52 d600441 06/01 11:11 d607339 06/01 11:49 d398706 something like this and in file named list i have ( there is space btwn 06/01 and 11:49 and d398706) d607339... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zozoo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching some string in a line and removing that

I have one output file. Node: hstg1so Date: 2013/07/16 17:51:24 GMT Totals: 10608 6871 0 2208 1529 0 0 64% 0% ( 0 ) Node: hstg2so Date: 2013/07/16 17:51:25 GMT Totals: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter not found.. pass in a uppercase

hi guys i am trying to convert a uppercase var to a lowercase var and the result is pass in to another var. But i kept getting error from the variable that will be containing the result of the conversion of uppercase to the lowercase. DB_SID=TEST DB_SID_SM=/opt/$DB_SID | tr ''... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: redologger
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid printing entire line if string not found

so im searching the process table with: ps -ef | awk -F"./rello.java" '{ print substr($0, index($0,$2)) }' I only want it to print everything that's infront of the "./rello.java". That's because im basically getting the arguments that was passed to the rello.java script. this works. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert line based on found string

Hi All I'm trying to insert a new line at the before each comment line in a file. Comment lines start with '#-----' there are other comments with in lines but I don't want a new line there. Example file: blah blah #do not insert here #this is a comment blah #some more #another comment... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
10 Replies