Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming DB2 Query to pick hierarchy values Post 303021953 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 21st of August 2018 11:05:47 AM
Old 08-21-2018
Dear Perlbaby,

I have a few to questions pose in response first:-
  • Is this homework/assignment? There are specific forums for these.
  • What have you tried so far?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)
Most importantly, What have you tried so far?

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all.

Thanks, in advance,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pick values from column based on key values by usin AWK

Dear Guyz:) I have 2 different input files like this. I would like to pick the values or letters from the inputfile2 based on inputfile1 keys (A,F,N,X,Z). I have done similar task by using awk but in that case the inputfiles are similar like in inputfile2 (all keys in 1st column and values in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pad db2 query result to 8 bits

Hi , I am using a db2 query to get the maximum sequence number from a field.Now this value is taking up only 2 places.(i.e its less than 100).It can grow up to 3 places later but me requirement is that when i write it in a text file, it should be padded upto 8 places. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifzgud
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Db2 query with script

Hi All, I want to connect two tables in DB2 using shell script and then compare the contents of two tables field by field.and i should return on the screen the un matched records .. Could any one please help me in connecting database tables using Unix and retriving data from the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
1 Replies

5. AIX

DB2 user query utilization?

I am new to AIX, but not new to the UNIX world. Recently I got a request to come with some kind of report to do the following: report if user query is using > 70% CPU (within DB2) > 5 minutes. I am by no means a DB2 guru so I do not know how to get that from within it, so I was wondering if there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: savigabi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return db2 query value to shell script

Hi, Im new to DB2. I need to connect to DB2 from shell script and return the query output back to shell script variable. this is my code #!/bin/ksh db_name=db db_user=usr db_pwd=pwd db2 <<EOSQL connect to $db_name user $db_user using "$db_pwd" select count(1) from table quit EOSQL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sup
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file to read values from Db2 table replacing hard coded values

Hi, I want to replace a chain of if-else statement in an old AWK file with values from Db2 table or CSV file. The part of code is below... if (start_new_rec=="true"){ exclude_user="false"; user=toupper($6); match(user, "XXXXX."); if (RSTART ==2 ) { ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Db2 query on other host

Hello, i need some help with a script. I made a script, which connect to different hosts to get some informations. But i got now some problems with getting informations of a database (db2) which is on a other host. I tried something like var=$(rsh HOST su - db2adm -c "db2 connect to database;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyver
2 Replies

9. Programming

DB2 Query -Convert multi values from column to rows

Hi Team I am using DB2 artisan tool and struck to handle multi values present in columns that are comma(,) separated. I want to convert those column values in separate rows . For example : Column 1 Column2 Jan,Feb Hold,Sell,Buy Expected Result Column1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

DB2 Query modification to remove duplicate values using LISTAGG function

I am using DB2 v9 and trying to get country values in comma seperated format using below query SELECT distinct LISTAGG(COUNTRIES, ',') WITHIN GROUP(ORDER BY EMPLOYEE) FROM LOCATION ; Output Achieved MEXICO,UNITED STATES,INDIA,JAPAN,UNITED KINGDOM,MEXICO,UNITED STATES The table... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies
roles(1)							   User Commands							  roles(1)

NAME
roles - print roles granted to a user SYNOPSIS
roles [ user ...] DESCRIPTION
The command roles prints on standard output the roles that you or the optionally-specified user have been granted. Roles are special accounts that correspond to a functional responsibility rather than to an actual person (referred to as a normal user). Each user may have zero or more roles. Roles have most of the attributes of normal users and are identified like normal users in passwd(4) and shadow(4). Each role must have an entry in the user_attr(4) file that identifies it as a role. Roles can have their own authorizations and profiles. See auths(1) and profiles(1). Roles are not allowed to log into a system as a primary user. Instead, a user must log in as him-- or herself and assume the role. The actions of a role are attributable to the normal user. When auditing is enabled, the audited events of the role contain the audit ID of the original user who assumed the role. A role may not assume itself or any other role. Roles are not hierarchical. However, rights profiles (see prof_attr(4)) are hierarchical and can be used to achieve the same effect as hierarchical roles. Roles must have valid passwords and one of the shells that interprets profiles: either pfcsh, pfksh, or pfsh. See pfexec(1). Role assumption may be performed using su(1M), rlogin(1), or some other service that supports the PAM_RUSER variable. Successful assumption requires knowledge of the role's password and membership in the role. Role assignments are specified in user_attr(4). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output The output of the roles command has the following form: example% roles tester01 tester02 tester01 : admin tester02 : secadmin, root example% EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/user_attr /etc/security/auth_attr /etc/security/prof_attr ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auths(1), pfexec(1), profiles(1), rlogin(1), su(1M), getauusernam(3BSM), auth_attr(4), passwd(4), prof_attr(4), shadow(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Feb 2001 roles(1)