Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script Post 303021943 by cero on Tuesday 21st of August 2018 05:18:02 AM
Old 08-21-2018
There is a utility called cut and I would not use this as the delimiter of a here document.
Does the closing line of the here document hold only the word cut, without any whitespaces or other characters?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut usage in bash

Hello, Could you put some light on this: > echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c1-15- test > echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c1-14- =test echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c15- test echo "ref_categorie=test" | cut -c15 t > It's executed on AIX if that matters. The man page is not very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurko
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut out string in bash script

Hi all, I'm trying to extract string from variable in BASH. That's probably trivial for grep but I couldn't figure it out. I want to get name, there's sometimes digit after it, but it should be left out. STRING=http://name5.domain.com:8000/file.dat Could someone help me with that? Any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cootue
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies
XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)

NAME
xsil2graphics - generate scripts to load xsil output data files SYNOPSIS
xsil2graphics [options] <xsil_file> DESCRIPTION
Utility program bundled with xmds, used to generate scripts that load simulation output data into either matlab (http://www.mathworks.com) or scilab (http://www.scilab.org), which are then used to manipulate the results further if necessary and then to present the results graphically. Matlab To generate a matlab m-file, from the xsil file data_file.xsil use the command: bash$ xsil2graphics data_file.xsil or bash$ xsil2graphics --matlab data_file.xsil Then at the matlab command prompt: >> data_file Scilab To generate a scilab script file, from the xsil file data_file.xsil use the command: bash$ xsil2graphics --scilab data_file.xsil Then at the scilab command prompt: --> exec('data_file.sci') OPTIONS
-m, --matlab generate matlab m-file script to load data from the xsil data file (the default option) -s, -scilab generate scilab script file to load data from the xsil data file -o, --outfile <out_file> specify an alternative output script filename to the default which is the input xsil filename with the .xsil extension changed to either .m for the matlab m-file or .sci for the scilab script file EXAMPLES
bash$ xsil2graphics nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse.m to load the data into matlab bash$ xsil2graphics -m nlse.xsil Also generates the output nlse.m but explicitly sets matlab to be the output format bash$ xsil2graphics --scilab nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse.sci to load the data into scilab bash$ xsil2graphics --outfile nlse_new.m nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse_new.m to load the data into matlab AUTHORS
Originally written by Greg Collecutt Maintained by Paul Cochrane with code contributed by Joe Hope BUGS
No known bugs. SEE ALSO
xmds(1), loadxsil(1) http://www.xmds.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Code contributed by Greg Collecutt, Joseph Hope and Paul Cochrane This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. perl v5.8.2 2004-06-21 XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)