Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting C cedilla Delimiter interpretation issue Post 303021794 by eap714.com on Friday 17th of August 2018 07:31:27 AM
Old 08-17-2018
Hey,

Thanks for the response.

It is Unix OS and korn shell. The source is Hadoop EMR and this file is generated on the S3 lake.

We run a script where we input the delimiter to the script and it generates the output file accordingly. we tried providing both UC007 and uc007, it does not help.

Request is to provide the encoding that we need to pass to my script to generate just ▒ (C cedilla) instead of ▒~G (we don't need the extra ~G)

Please let me know for any questions

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell interpretation

I executed the following command in the korn shell: $ variable1="qwerty" ls | sort and the shell executed the 'ls | sort' command. I would have expected an error message from the shell, but instead of that the shell ran the 'ls | sort' command and didn't realize the variable assignement. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PhilippeCrokaer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SAR -b interpretation

I have used SAR -b to get some Unix cache / buffer metrics and the results are confusing me a bit. The pread/s & pwrit/s are showing 0. However the lread/s and lwrit/s are showing figures. I note also that the bread/s and bwrit/s are showing figures. I believe that pread/s and pwrit/s is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies

3. AIX

interpretation of sar

hello with a sar i have this result: System configuration: lcpu=48 ent=4.00 14:06:37 %usr %sys %wio %idle physc %entc 14:06:39 26 9 3 62 1.63 40.7 14:06:41 26 9 3 63 1.58 39.4 14:06:43 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

4. Linux

C-Cedilla (Ç), Putty and Linux

Having just transferred a project from Sun Solaris to Red Hat Linux 5.1 on an HP Blade, we have an issue seeing C-Cedilla (Ç) characters in Putty. While a 'more' command shows the Ç correctly, cut and paste converts it to ^A and vi converts it to yet another ctrl A character. The Ç character... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finkangel
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring based on delimiter, finding last delimiter

Hi, I have a string like ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1-C4. I want to delimit the string based on "-" and then get result as only two strings. One with string till last hyphen and other with value after last hyphen... For this case, it would be something like first string as "ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1" and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupt_ash
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut by delimiter, and delimiter can be anything except numbers?

Hi all, I have a number of strings like below: //mnt/autocor/43°13'(33")W/ and i'm trying to get the numbers in this string, for example 431333 please help thanks ahead (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting to fix the issue in UNIX file having delimiter "|"

hello All, I am new user to shell scripting, kindly advise on the below? I have a file where i have gaps & the delimiter falls in next line and new line is also created , plz see the example :employee.txt Now the issue here is , i wan to write a script , where i can use "|" to get the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnyd1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to put delimiter for a no delimiter variable length text file

Hi, I have a No Delimiter variable length text file with following schema - Column Name Data length Firstname 5 Lastname 5 age 3 phoneno1 10 phoneno2 10 phoneno3 10 sample data - ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gaurav Martha
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql multi line comment /* shell interpretation issue

Greetings Experts, I do have some basic knowledge of Unix. The task I am trying to do through shell script is to generate the view script for all of the tables which is in YYYYMMDD format (I assume I am on Ksh). I have certain tables that ends in YYYYMMDD format (eg: tbl_20150630) For each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
1 Replies
source(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 source(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
source - Evaluate a file or resource as a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
source fileName source -encoding encodingName fileName | _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command takes the contents of the specified file or resource and passes it to the Tcl interpreter as a text script. The return value from source is the return value of the last command executed in the script. If an error occurs in evaluating the contents of the script then the source command will return that error. If a return command is invoked from within the script then the remainder of the file will be skipped and the source command will return normally with the result from the return command. The end-of-file character for files is "32" (^Z) for all platforms. The source command will read files up to this character. This restriction does not exist for the read or gets commands, allowing for files containing code and data segments (scripted documents). If you require a "^Z" in code for string comparison, you can use "32" or "u001a", which will be safely substituted by the Tcl interpreter into "^Z". The -encoding option is used to specify the encoding of the data stored in fileName. When the -encoding option is omitted, the system | encoding is assumed. EXAMPLE
Run the script in the file foo.tcl and then the script in the file bar.tcl: source foo.tcl source bar.tcl Alternatively: foreach scriptFile {foo.tcl bar.tcl} { source $scriptFile } SEE ALSO
file(n), cd(n), encoding(n), info(n) KEYWORDS
file, script Tcl source(n)