Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Lenovo v3700 v2 direct connect to AIX Post 303021770 by rbatte1 on Thursday 16th of August 2018 12:40:06 PM
Old 08-16-2018
A few thoughts:-
  • Are the lights on the two fibre cards?
  • Have you done anything to probe for the AIX-end fibre card at the SAN end?
  • Have you tried a known good cable in a test rig, tried it as you want it and then checked it again in a test rig afterwards to make sure the plugging in didn't break it?

I hope that these help,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to direct-connect two UNIX boxes

Hello, I have a V880 and a 420 running Solaris 9. Each box has more than one NIC card. I'd like to know how to configure the network on the two boxes so that I can directly connect the NIC cards. Meaning, I don't want a switch or router between the two. I just want to run a CAT5 cable to each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agcodba
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using connect direct

Hi, I have a script in which i'm using ndm connect direct to fetch data from the client server..syntax i'm using is ./con_using_connectdirect /load/nctrl nctrl $xhost where con_using_connectdirect is the script which establishes connection load/nctrl is the path from where data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Connect direct configuration on Solaris

Hi, I am configuring Connect direct on Solaries 6.0, but whenever i am giving the below command cdpmgr -i /export/app/cdunix/ndm/cfg/khello/initparm.cfg i am getting the message Component <cdpmgr ndmcmgr ndmsmgr ndmumgr cdstatm> permissions are not set. Please follow instructions in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidd
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

IBM Connect:Direct Error

Hi to all, I've installed IBM Connect:Direct 4.1.00 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5, but when I try to execute the "direct cli", I obtain the following error: $ ./direct *********************************************************** * ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.vietti
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect:Direct

Hello all, I have a requirement to transfer files to mainframe usinf NDM connect:direct. So can anybody provide me a sample shell script on how to call a connect;direct script by providing filename as a parameter please? Thanks, Ajay (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumar4534
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect direct script for unix

I want to connect direct a xml file and a excel file each separately from unix system to another unix system.The size of the xml file and excel file may vary each time. Below is the possible connect direct script to transfer the files.Please check if it is correct? Also does DCB parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bk_12345
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Linux to Connect direct transfer

I am transfering a file using connect direct from Linux to Mainframe. Its a point to point transfer but its failing with below error: **** Error from CONNECT:Direct API - ndmapi_recvresp_c error Can we do PTP transfers? code tags for code, please. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerryperillo
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with Connect direct ndmcli

Hi.. We are using connect direct to transfer the files between servers. The CD scripts run on HP UX. Below is the code using ndmcli. ndmcli -x << EOJ submit maxdelay=0 proc1 process snode=$3 step1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anijan
1 Replies

9. AIX

StorWize v3700 and Power8 (S822) AIX, configuration best practice for LUNs?

Hello, We have an Power8 System (S822) and a IBM StorWize v3700 SAN. The OS is AIX 7.1. With this hardware from what I read I need to download/install special SDDPCM drivers, so I did (SDDPCM VERSION 2.6.6.0 (devices.sddpcm.71.rte). I carved my volumes in the StorWize and presented to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
RunUnitTests(1) 					    BSD General Commands Manual 					   RunUnitTests(1)

NAME
RunUnitTests -- run unit tests for the current target SYNOPSIS
RunUnitTests DESCRIPTION
RunUnitTests examines its environment to determine what type of test bundle the current target represents, and runs the bundle's tests in the most appropriate fashion. If possible, it will run the tests for all appropriate architectures in sequence, and will run the tests with Objective-C garbage collection enabled or disabled as appropriate. RunUnitTests is intended to be called from a shell script build phase in a unit test bundle target. It expects certain environment variables to be configured from Xcode project build settings; these environment variables are described below. When called from a shell script build phase, RunUnitTests will only run tests on build, not on install or any other build action. See xcodebuild(1) for more information on build actions. If no host application is specified in the TEST_HOST environment variable, RunUnitTests will use the extension of the test bundle (as speci- fied by the WRAPPER_EXTENSION environment variable) to determine whether to use CPlusTestRig(1) or otest(1) to load and run the tests in the test bundle, for extensions "cptest" and "octest" respectively. If a host application is specified, RunUnitTests will execute the application directly and inject the test bundle into the application, and pass arguments to the application to cause its tests to be run based on the extension of the test bundle. In either case, if additional test arguments are specified in the OTHER_TEST_FLAGS environment variable, these will be passed to the test rig or to the application being tested in an appropriate fashion. If RunUnitTests is not run from a shell script build phase, unless otherwise specified it will use the current working directory as BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR and assume "build" is the current build action. ENVIRONMENT
ACTION The current build action. Tests are only run for "build" builds, not "install" or other builds. Defaults to "build" if unspecified. ARCHS (Optional) The architectures the tests have been built for. Defaults to the result of arch(1) if not specified. CURRENT_ARCH (Optional) The currently-selected Active Architecture. Defaults to the result of arch(1) if not specified. DEVELOPER_DIR The Xcode folder, e.g. "/Developer". Defaults to "/Developer" if unspecified. BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR The directory containing built products; when tests are run, this is specified as DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and DYLD_FRAME- WORK_PATH. Defaults to the current working directory if unspecified. GCC_ENABLE_OBJC_GC (Optional) Whether the test bundle has been built with Objective-C garbage collection support; used to determine whether to run the test bundle with garbage collection enabled or disabled. Possible values are unsupported, supported, and required. Defaults to unsupported if unspecified. When set to supported, RunUnitTests will run the tests for all appropriate architectures once with Objective-C garbage collection enabled, and again with Objective-C garbage collection disabled, under the assumption that dual-mode code (that is, code that can be used both with and without Objective-C garbage collection) should be tested in both modes. NATIVE_ARCH_ACTUAL (Optional) The native architecture of the hardware running tests; used to determine the architectures of tests that can be run. For example, ppc64 hardware can run tests for ppc and ppc64 while i386 hardware can run tests for i386 and ppc. Defaults to the result of arch(1) if not specified. ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH (Optional) If set to YES, only the current Active Architecture as specified by CURRENT_ARCH will be tested, regardless of the value of ARCHS. Defaults to NO if unspecified. OTHER_TEST_FLAGS (Optional) Additional arguments to pass to the test rig or application under test. If being passed to a test rig, these arguments are passed prior to the path of the test bundle to load; for an application, these are its final arguments. PRODUCT_NAME The name (with no extension) of the product generated by the unit test bundle target. TEST_HOST (Optional) The full path to an executable into which to "inject" the specified unit test bundle. For an application, this must be the full path to the application within its wrapper. Do not set this for frameworks or libraries. TEST_RIG (Optional) The full path to an executable to use as a test rig instead of either CPlusTestRig(1) or otest(1). The exe- cutable must take a path to a test bundle as its final argument. Its DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH will be configured to point to the BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR prior to execution. Do not set this if you are using one of the default test rigs. VALID_ARCHS (Optional) The architectures for which it is valid to build and run tests, which is normally a superset of the architec- tures for which the tests are actually built. Defaults to the result of arch(1) if not specified. WRAPPER_EXTENSION The extension of the product generated by the unit test bundle target. RunUnitTests will use this to infer the appropri- ate test rig to use. For "cptest" it will use CPlusTestRig(1). For "octest" it will use otest(1). For anything else, it will return an error unless a TEST_RIG is also specified. FILES
/Developer/Tools/RunUnitTests SEE ALSO
arch(1), CPlusTestRig(1), otest(1), xcodebuild(1) Mac OS X June 2, 2019 Mac OS X