Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Modify text file if found multiple pattern match for every line. Post 303021755 by RudiC on Thursday 16th of August 2018 06:44:16 AM
Old 08-16-2018
From mkssoftware.com:
Quote:
a,bb [label] branches to label. If you omit label, sed branches to the end of the script.
, so the script should work as given unless something weird happened when copying it. Try to add a space between b and ; .
Your request to split can't be satisfied that easy as the two are interwoven.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating multiple lines to one line if match pattern

Hi all, I've been working on a script which I have hit a road block now. I have written a script using sed to extract the below data and pumped into another file: Severity............: MAJORWARNING Summary: System temperature is out of normal range. Severity............: MAJORWARNING... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: phixsius
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Specific Line of a Text File

Given a text file, how do you add a line of text after a specific line number? I believe I would want to use "sed" but I am unsure of the syntax. Thank you. Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to modify perl script: Text file with line and more than 1 space

Dear Friends, I am beginner in Perl and trying to find the problem in a script. Kindly help me to modify the script. My script is not giving the output for the last field and followed text (LA: Language English). Input file & script as follows: Input file: Thu Mar 19 2:34:14 EDT 2009 STC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a file by another file: add new line and variable after string is found

hello, I have problem with writing/adjusting a shell script. I searched forum and unfortunately couldn't write scipt based on the information I found. I never wtire such so it's hard for me and I do need to modify one script immediately. case looks like: 1. 'file' that needs to be modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bipbip
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To add a new line with specific text after the pattern is found using sed

hi guys, im trying to add the following line in my xml file <dbrollbacksegs <oa_var="s_db_rollback_segs">NOROLLBACK</dbrollbacksegs> when ever i find the following line <dbsharedpool oa_var="s_dbsharedpool_size">300000000</dbsharedpool> I have succedded till adding a new line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarlaku
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify one line in a plain text file

Hi everyone, I want to know, if there is a way to modify one line in a text file with unix script, with out re-writing all the file. For example, i have this file: CONFIGURATION_1=XXXX CONFIGURATION_2=YYYY CONFIGURATION_3=ZZZZ supose i have a command or function "modify" that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text till pattern match found in a line

Hi All, From the below line if we want to display all the text till found pattern dot/. I was trying with the below code but couldn't able to print text before the pattern. it display texts which is found after pattern. awk '/assed/{print;getline;print}' file_name | sed 's/^*. *//' input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text on particular line after pattern found

hi, i have /etc/inittab, I want to add another line after that when i find a pattern "l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6". original l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6 after-change l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6 /sbin/if-pp-to-cng (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern match and print the output in a single line

I need to match two patterns in a log file and need to get the next line of the one of the pattern (out of two patterns) that is matched, finally need to print these three values in a single line. Sample Log: 2013/06/11 14:29:04 <0999> (725102) Processing batch 02_1231324 2013/06/11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies
CH_LAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 CH_LAB(1)

NAME
ch_lab -- change/copy label files SYNOPSIS
ch_lab [-S frame spacing] [-start time] [-end time] [-ext file extension] [-extract file] [-extend time] [-f sample frequency] [-lf sample frequency] [-itype file type] [-key key file] [-lablist list of labels] [-length time] [-map map file] [-name feature name] [-class class] [-o output file] [-otype file type] [-pad high | low] [-pos list of labels] [-q timestep] [-range range] [-sed sed file] [fl shift time delta] [-style output stype] [-vocab vocab file] [-verify] [-nopath] [-base] [-combine] [-divide] [-h] input files ... DESCRIPTION
ch_lab copies from one or more input label files to an output label file, optionally performing various operations along the way. The following option flags are recognized: -h Print a summary of usage to standard output. -S frame spacing frame spacing of output -start time start time, in seconds, for label extraction -end time end time, in seconds, for label extraction -ext file extension filename extension to use for multiple output files -extract file extract a single file from a list of files -extend time extend track file by time seconds beyond label file -f sample frequency sample frequency of label file -lf sample frequency sample frequency for labels -itype file type type of input label file: esps htk ogi -key key file key label file -lablist list list of labels to be considered as blank -length time length of track produced, in seconds -map map file label mapping file -name feature name eg. Fo Phoneme -class class name of class defined in op file -o output file output file name -otype file type output file type: xmg, ascii, esps, htk -pad high | low pad with high or low values -pos list list of labels to be regarded as 'pos' -q timestep quantize label timings to nearst value -range range difference between high and low values -sed sed file perform regex editing using sed file fl shift time delta shift the times of the labels -style output style output style e.g. track -vocab file file containing list of words in vocabulary -verify check that only labels in vocab file are in label file -nopath ignore pathnames when searching label lists -base use base filenames for lists of label files -combine -divide SEE ALSO
ch_wave(1) ch_track(1) Edinburgh Speech Tools April 5, 2001 Edinburgh Speech Tools