Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Declare and grep a variable via ssh/remote/loop Post 303021689 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 14th of August 2018 06:27:56 PM
Old 08-14-2018
It is nice to hear that you have solved your problem.

Please show us what you did so we can all learn from your research!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

declare, assign variables using array, counter, loop

using bash Tru64... converting DCL to shell... any tips to make this work would be greatly appreciated. Below is my failed attempt to assign command line input to variables by first declaring an array. I use a counter to create unique variables in a loop through the array. I need to call... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: egkumpe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH : Using declare in a loop

I have a config file that needs to be formatted before it's sourced to a script. I've been formatting it with sed and dropping it in /tmp then sourcing it from there. I'd like to just format the config file with sed then declare the variables without having to create a temporary file in /tmp. So... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crs6785
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

declare variable

hi to all, i am trying to declare a variable as an integer in unix shell script. i search the web for a way to do it but it doesnt work. i tried "define -i" and "declare" but that doesnt work. if somebody knows another way to declare a variable as integer please help me. thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop stops after first iteration - remote ssh exit command problem?

I have written the following script to update some Debian boxes. #!/bin/bash mxg_hosts_file="/etc/mxg/ssh-hosts" while read line ; do mxg_host="$(echo ${line} | awk -F":" '{print $1}')" mxg_port="$(echo ${line} | awk -F":" '{print $2}')" echo "Connecting and Upgrading... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh sending local variable to remote system

I am running a useradd script, which works locally but I want to take some of that local information and send it to a remote system, ssh keys are set up between the two systems. I am attaching the script, look at the section titled "Sending information to FTP2" Removed attachment, added... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to declare variable in perl

how can i declare variable in perl. for BLOCK in /sys/block/emcpow* (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to remote server loop is breaking

hi All, cat login.list server1 userid1 server2 userid2 server3 userid3 ---------------------------------------- #SSHSCRIPT.ksh FILE=login.list while read vah vah_id do ssh $vah -l $vah_id "pwd" done < "$FILE" ----------------------------------------- When i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote command in variable using ssh

Hi, I've an issue in a shell script: I'm opening an ssh connection to a remote server, then I want to store the result of a ls command in a variable, but it doesn't work: the ls is done on the local machine. ssh user@server << EOF ls # works as expected (ls is done remotely) test=`ls` # the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seloum57
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input to while loop in remote machine using ssh

Hello I am writing a script in a local machine, i am using ssh, here i am not able to using back ticks & input file to while loop. here is my script ssh -q server1 a=`ps -ef | grep ccms | awk {print $1}` b=`ps -ef | grep mss | awk {print $1}` # above lines are not working, so i redirected... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line from remote file over ssh passing variable

I have a variable called $a1 which maps to something like "http://servername proxy1 count http" and a lots of entries in a file on remote server. If I have the following in my .sh script: sed -i "\%$a1%d" mylog.txtthe line is deleted from mylog.txt. Great. I'm trying now to remvoe this from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
3 Replies
NICE(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   NICE(1)

NAME
nice -- execute a utility at an altered scheduling priority SYNOPSIS
nice [-n increment] utility [argument ...] DESCRIPTION
The nice utility runs utility at an altered scheduling priority, by incrementing its ``nice'' value by the specified increment, or a default value of 10. The lower the nice value of a process, the higher its scheduling priority. The superuser may specify a negative increment in order to run a utility with a higher scheduling priority. Some shells may provide a builtin nice command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. ENVIRONMENT
The PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. EXIT STATUS
If utility is invoked, the exit status of nice is the exit status of utility. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. EXAMPLES
Execute utility 'date' at priority 5 assuming the priority of the shell is 0: nice -n 5 date Execute utility 'date' at priority -19 assuming the priority of the shell is 0 and you are the super-user: nice -n 16 nice -n -35 date COMPATIBILITY
The traditional -increment option has been deprecated but is still supported. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), idprio(1), rtprio(1), getpriority(2), setpriority(2), renice(8) STANDARDS
The nice utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A nice utility appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
February 24, 2011 BSD