Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scp over multiple hops
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scp over multiple hops Post 303021673 by stomp on Tuesday 14th of August 2018 10:59:42 AM
Old 08-14-2018
... and to for convenient use, place an entry in $HOME/.ssh/config, so you do not have to type this long command line everytime you want to use that proxy connection.

Note

You may delete the key from the Jump-Host as a security measure - if no one else needs the key there. But be sure to have enought backups of the key :-D

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP multiple files

Hi , I am doing SCP for copying log files from different server(around 24 server) I need to copy these bulk logfiles every 15 min. How can i do multiple SCP at the same time? My current code is like this scp $CUSTCARE_USER@$CUSTCARE_SERVER:$CUSTCARE_HOME/$CUSTCARE_LOG.*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to SCP a file to multiple servers

Hi All, I am a total noob to the Unix world, and i hope to learn a lot from this wonderful community. Here's my first post and question , i am trying to SCP a file to multiple servers (multiple destinations) through this little script : #!/bin/ksh # copy files # File to be copied... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSHing with multiple hops

Hi, I have got a shell script, which fails to run properly.. I am getting the following error: "Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal. Permission denied (gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive)." I SSH to the machine and then run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the multiple scp from single script?

Dear Experts, how to run multiple scp commands from single scripts. In a directory oracle redo files accumulate. i would like to copy those redo logs to my standby server. For same i am using scp to copy the files. where i am monitoring that as it is sending the files sequentially most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command for multiple file transfer.

FILE_LIST="{a.txt,b.txt,cal*}" scp -r $..$REMOTE_PATH$FILE_LIST $LOCAL_PATH This script passes only when all the three files are transfere, wat if only two file are transfered, but still I was to make the return code as pass. is it possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with executing multiple remote commands after multiple hops

Hi SSHers, I have embedded this below code in my shell script.. /usr/bin/ssh -t $USER@$SERVER1 /usr/bin/ssh $USER2@S$SERVER2 echo uptime:`/opt/OV/bin/snmpget -r 0 -t 60 $nodeName system.3.0 | cut -d: -f3-5` SSH to both these servers are public-key authenticated, so things run... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp multiple files

Hi, I'm new to Linux. I would like to know how to scp a group of files. I have the below command, but it asks for remote password while sending each file. Is there a way to send all files (identified by - $ ls | grep '.*hrs0314a.*' | xargs -I {} grep -l '.*35663.*' {}) in one go? $ ls |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: don_tom
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

http over ssh tunnel using multiple hops

Hello, I got an application on a linux server that I would like to access using https and a URL. I would like to create a ssh tunnel. But, let's say the app is on box C, but box C can only be accessed through box B, that can be accessed only through box A. I would like to create the ssh tunnel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh multiple hops to execute commands with arguments

Hi I need to write a script to ssh through several hops (e.g. HostA-HostB-HostC-HostD), where Host A does not have direct assess to HostC ; HostB cannot access HostD directly. when I ssh 3 hops and run command with arg1, arg2 and redirect the output to a file, e.g. HostA> ssh -t HostB ssh -t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiensh
3 Replies

10. Solaris

scp multiple files without pattern on Solaris

I need to transfer multiple files using scp between two solaris machines. I could not use pattern since they match with other files in the same directory. I tried the below command, it does not copy any files. $ scp -p user@machine1:/home/fid1/staging/\{a.ksh,b.ksh,c.ksh,d.ksh\} . But... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marecar
7 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::MultiType(3pm)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type => @types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.14.2 2012-06-05 Net::Server::MultiType(3pm)