Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scp over multiple hops
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scp over multiple hops Post 303021666 by onenessboy on Tuesday 14th of August 2018 09:31:02 AM
Old 08-14-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Are you sure the command shown is really working? There's at least one double quote missing.

Not sure I know "pem" keys. Could you elaborate a bit?
Usually, I'd log into server B, and then scp the file from server A to server C, making sure the respective keys exist on A, B, and C.
Hi RudiC,

Thanks for reply, that typo double quote missing but still it does not work..

pem key is private authentication key (instead of password authentication) for servers which we use..

All i am trying to copy from A to C by tunnelling via B..

Sorry if this is not the right forum to paste this question..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP multiple files

Hi , I am doing SCP for copying log files from different server(around 24 server) I need to copy these bulk logfiles every 15 min. How can i do multiple SCP at the same time? My current code is like this scp $CUSTCARE_USER@$CUSTCARE_SERVER:$CUSTCARE_HOME/$CUSTCARE_LOG.*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to SCP a file to multiple servers

Hi All, I am a total noob to the Unix world, and i hope to learn a lot from this wonderful community. Here's my first post and question , i am trying to SCP a file to multiple servers (multiple destinations) through this little script : #!/bin/ksh # copy files # File to be copied... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSHing with multiple hops

Hi, I have got a shell script, which fails to run properly.. I am getting the following error: "Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal. Permission denied (gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive)." I SSH to the machine and then run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the multiple scp from single script?

Dear Experts, how to run multiple scp commands from single scripts. In a directory oracle redo files accumulate. i would like to copy those redo logs to my standby server. For same i am using scp to copy the files. where i am monitoring that as it is sending the files sequentially most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command for multiple file transfer.

FILE_LIST="{a.txt,b.txt,cal*}" scp -r $..$REMOTE_PATH$FILE_LIST $LOCAL_PATH This script passes only when all the three files are transfere, wat if only two file are transfered, but still I was to make the return code as pass. is it possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with executing multiple remote commands after multiple hops

Hi SSHers, I have embedded this below code in my shell script.. /usr/bin/ssh -t $USER@$SERVER1 /usr/bin/ssh $USER2@S$SERVER2 echo uptime:`/opt/OV/bin/snmpget -r 0 -t 60 $nodeName system.3.0 | cut -d: -f3-5` SSH to both these servers are public-key authenticated, so things run... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp multiple files

Hi, I'm new to Linux. I would like to know how to scp a group of files. I have the below command, but it asks for remote password while sending each file. Is there a way to send all files (identified by - $ ls | grep '.*hrs0314a.*' | xargs -I {} grep -l '.*35663.*' {}) in one go? $ ls |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: don_tom
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

http over ssh tunnel using multiple hops

Hello, I got an application on a linux server that I would like to access using https and a URL. I would like to create a ssh tunnel. But, let's say the app is on box C, but box C can only be accessed through box B, that can be accessed only through box A. I would like to create the ssh tunnel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh multiple hops to execute commands with arguments

Hi I need to write a script to ssh through several hops (e.g. HostA-HostB-HostC-HostD), where Host A does not have direct assess to HostC ; HostB cannot access HostD directly. when I ssh 3 hops and run command with arg1, arg2 and redirect the output to a file, e.g. HostA> ssh -t HostB ssh -t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiensh
3 Replies

10. Solaris

scp multiple files without pattern on Solaris

I need to transfer multiple files using scp between two solaris machines. I could not use pattern since they match with other files in the same directory. I tried the below command, it does not copy any files. $ scp -p user@machine1:/home/fid1/staging/\{a.ksh,b.ksh,c.ksh,d.ksh\} . But... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marecar
7 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::Server::MultiType(3)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use Net::Server::MultiType; @ISA = qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type=>@types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.12.1 2007-02-02 Net::Server::MultiType(3)