Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modify csv-files with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modify csv-files with awk Post 303021662 by RudiC on Tuesday 14th of August 2018 08:47:20 AM
Old 08-14-2018
Please show how and where the respective filename part should be added. What does "merge them to one file" mean - ALL input files resulting in one big output file? And, I don't know anythig about that hdfs dfs command - is that really necessary?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csv files (with quoted commas) and awk

I have a file as follows: 1,"This is field 2",3,4,5 2,"This is field 2 it can contain one , comma",3,4,5 3,"This is field 2 it also, can, contain, more",3,4,5 4,"This is field 2 without extra commas",3,4,5 and i pass this through to awk: awk -F, ' { if (... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify csv-file with bash script

Hi Guys, I need to write a script, that exports the "moz_places" table of the "places.sqlite"-file (firefox browser history) into a csv-file. That part works. After the export, my csv looks like this: ... 4429;http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html;"Command Line Shell For... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 2 csv files with awk

I have 2 files pipe delimted and want to merge them based on a key e.g file 1 123$aaa$yyy$zzz 345$xab$yzy$zyz 456$sss$ttt$foo 799$aaa$ggg$dee file 2 123$hhh 345$ddd 456$xxx 888$zzz so if the key is the first field, and the result should be the common key between file 1 and 2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: loloAix
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Pl/sql function in shell script to modify csv

I need to 1.Open a csv 2.Process the csv i.e. Modify 2 column in the csv. To modify the column the value needs to be passed to a pl/sql function and the return value should be updated For eg: If column 2 E,then E will be passed in database function which will return Employee. 3. Write a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to modify csv file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a csv file into a ordinary .txt file. I am able to convert but I want the output to look as shown below in the .txt file table findhost= { {"xyz","abc"}, {"rxz","mmz"}, {"vrr","nnz"}, } default={"NONE"} My current perl script #!/usr/bin/env perl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify CSV file

Hi, I would like to change my CSV file by adding " and : and moving some of the information around. the CSV file looks as follows: 501254424;500440257;PE PACKS;300467279;PREP;;276476070;655031001867176;Two Block;Olga;25/12/2015 00:00:00;Olga I would like to move the field 7 to the front "... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omuhans123
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter using awk in CSV files

Hello Gentlemen, Finding difficulties to play with my Input files:confused: . Your guidance will certainly help as always. After converting to csv file from XLSM file, I am getting some extra ""(double quote) characters which I want to terminate inside shell script and process it further. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradyumnajpn10
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk assistance - Comparing 2 csv files

Hello all, I have searched high and low for a solution to this, many have come really close but not quite what I'm after. I have 2 files. One contains GUID's, for example: 8121E002-96FE-4C9C-BC5A-6AFF20DACECD 84468F30-F3B7-418B-81F0-0908E80792BF A second file, contains a path to the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirmUK
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk on csv files

wk on csv files Hi I have two csv files 1 ) keys.csv with data as below XX1,offsite XX2,offsite XX8,none XX3,offsite XX4,onsite XX7,none XX5,onsite XX6,onsite XX15,none 2) source.csv file with data like 1,0123,ppp,XX1 2,0122,sss,XX2 3,1239,yyy,XX8 4,567,kkk,XX5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zozoo
2 Replies
dpkg-mergechangelogs(1) 					    dpkg suite						   dpkg-mergechangelogs(1)

NAME
dpkg-mergechangelogs - 3-way merge of debian/changelog files SYNOPSIS
dpkg-mergechangelogs [option...] old new-a new-b [out] DESCRIPTION
This program will use the 3 provided versions of the Debian changelog to generate a merged changelog file. The resulting changelog is stored in the file out or output to the standard output if that parameter is not given. Each entry is identified by its version number and they are assumed to be not conflicting, they are simply merged in the right order (by decreasing version number). When --merge-prereleases is used, the part of the version number after the last tilde is dropped so that 1.0-1~exp1 and 1.0-1~exp5 are considered to be the same entry. When the same version is available in both new-a and new-b, a standard line- based 3-way merge is attempted (provided that the module Algorithm::Merge is available -- it's part of the package libalgorithm-merge-perl -- otherwise you get a global conflict on the content of the entry). OPTIONS
--merge-prereleases, -m Drop the part after the last tilde in the version number when doing version comparison to identify if two entries are supposed to be the same or not. This is useful when you keep using the same changelog entry but you increase its version number regularly. For instance, you might have 2.3-1~exp1, 2.3-1~exp2, ... until the official release 2.3-1 and they are all the same changelog entry that has evolved over time. --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. LIMITATIONS
Anything that is not parsed by Dpkg::Changelog is lost during the merge. This might include stuff like vim modelines, comments which were not supposed to be there, etc. INTEGRATION WITH GIT
If you want to use this program to merge Debian changelog files in a git repository, you have first to register a new merge driver in .git/config or ~/.gitconfig: [merge "dpkg-mergechangelogs"] name = debian/changelog merge driver driver = dpkg-mergechangelogs -m %O %A %B %A Then you have to setup the merge attribute for the debian/changelog file either in .gitattributes in the repository itself, or in .git/info/attributes: debian/changelog merge=dpkg-mergechangelogs Debian Project 2011-08-14 dpkg-mergechangelogs(1)