Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to use Virtual Tape?
Operating Systems AIX How to use Virtual Tape? Post 303021641 by only on Monday 13th of August 2018 11:46:06 PM
Old 08-14-2018
How to use Virtual Tape?

Dear all,

i have a virtual tape connected to a vhost1
Code:
SVSA            Physloc                                      Client Partition ID
--------------- -------------------------------------------- ------------------
vhost1          U8202.E4C.066BC9R-V1-C3                      0x00000003

VTD                   vtscsi1
Status                Available
LUN                   0x8100000000000000
Backing device        devdisk0
Physloc                
Mirrored              N/A

VTD                   vtscsi2
LUN                   0x8200000000000000
Backing device        devdisk1
Physloc                

VTD                   vttape0
LUN                   0x8300000000000000
Backing device        rmt0
Physloc               U78AA.001.WZSHC8L-P1-D1

can i add the virtual tape to a vhost0 ? or i have to remove first the vttape0 on vhost1 ?
Code:
SVSA            Physloc                                      Client Partition ID
--------------- -------------------------------------------- ------------------
vhost0          U8202.E4C.066BC9R-V1-C2                      0x00000002

VTD                   vtopt0
LUN                   0x8400000000000000
Backing device        cd0
Physloc               U78AA.001.WZSHC8L-P2-D9

VTD                   vtscsi0
LUN                   0x8100000000000000
Backing device        qadisk0
Physloc                

VTD                   vtscsi3
LUN                   0x8300000000000000
Backing device        qadisk1
Physloc                

thanks for help

Regards

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

2. SCO

Tape Status shows 2 Hard errors and 5 Underruns on new tape

when I do a tape status /dev/rStp0 I get the following on a new tape and I have tried several: Status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors: 2 underruns: 5 My BackupEdge has stopped backing up my system because it asks for a new volume yet my total system data is under 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

eject virtual tape

Hi i´m working with aix 6.1 and DL4100 (virtual tape library from EMC) and i makes backups (mksysb) into virtual drive (virtual standalone drive). I need eject de tape when backup is finished and I don't now what command use. Thanks for your help. The commands mt and tctl doesn't works.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolaf
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Is there any Virtual data center as we have Virtual Machine?

Do we have any Virtual Data Center software as we have Virtual Machine? I want to practice everything of Solaris practically but i don't have resources like data center which includes Servers, Data storages, switches, and other things. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have to log out of a virtual terminal twice in order to exit virtual terminals

Not really a newbie, but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot it. I have to log out of a virtual terminal by typing exit, then exit again as in: woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout I DON'T have to do this when I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narnie
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to add virtual tape?

Dear All, I have some lpar that i want to connect with DAT tape drive. how can i add to the lpar, so can access the tape drive here is the detail of my lpar: root@erpqa:/>uname -L 2 erpqa root@erpqa:/>lsdev -Cc tape rmt0 Defined Virtual Tape Drive rmt1 Available... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: only
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)						     SG3_UTILS							SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)

NAME
sg_emc_trespass - change ownership of SCSI LUN from another Service-Processor to this one SYNOPSIS
sg_emc_trespass [-d] [-hr] [-s] [-V] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
sg_emc_trespass sends an EMC-specific Trespass Command to the DEVICE with the selected options. This Mode Select changes the ownership of the LUN of the device from another Service-Processor to the one the command was received on. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -d outputs some extra debug information associated with executing this command -hr Sets the 'Honor Reservation' bit in the command. If set, the trespass will only succeed to change the ownership from the Peer SP if the Peer SP does not have an outstanding SCSI reservation for the LUN. By default, the reservation state will be ignored. -s Send the short version of the trespass command instead of the long version. The short version is supported on the EMC FC5300, FC4500 and FC4700. The long version (default) is supported on the CLARiiON CX and AX family arrays. -V print out version string then exit. In the 2.4 series of Linux kernels the DEVICE must be a SCSI generic (sg) device. In the 2.6 series block devices (e.g. SCSI disks and DVD drives) can also be specified. For example "sg_start 0 /dev/sda" will work in the 2.6 series kernels. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_emc_trespass is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHOR
Written by Lars Marowsky-Bree, based on sg_start. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2012 Lars Marowsky-Bree, Douglas Gilbert. This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.35 December 2012 SG_EMC_TRESPASS(8)