Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Similar Threads: More UNIX and Linux Forum Topics You Might Find Helpful Update Post 303021554 by Neo on Sunday 12th of August 2018 01:52:05 PM
Old 08-12-2018
When the DB is rebuilt those issues are taken care of.

Moving forward I will rebuild monthly.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Similar Threads - a new vB3 feature for UNIX.COM

Note the new feature on UNIX.COM, many thread at the bottom of the page have a new feature: Similiar Threads Here is an example on one of Perderabo's posts: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=16337 Kudos to the vB folks for this built-in feature!! Neo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update New Steps for UNIX.com

Dear Everyone, Thank you for all the great comments, feedback and patience during our recent modernization efforts at unix.com. Now, I need to decide where to go next, as we move into the next phase. Some of the ideas I have are: Make the UserCP experience and all those non-public... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Similar Threads Redesign for UNIX.com

Hello. I have redesigned our "similar threads" for a more "clean style" in both the desktop view and the mobile view for the forum "show thread". The new design is a simple straight-forward use of div elements and all the legacy table elements have been removed. The result is a "clean"... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Similar Threads for Man Pages - In Development

FYI, I have been quietly updating the man page database adding "similar threads" for man pages. STEP 1: Full Text MySQL DB Search Matches The first step, after creating the DB columns, was to process each of the nearly 400K man pages and do a full text mysql search, match and score... (10 Replies)
10 Replies
WEEKLY(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							 WEEKLY(5)

NAME
weekly, weekly.conf -- weekly maintenance DESCRIPTION
The /etc/weekly script is run, by default, every Saturday morning on a NetBSD system. The /etc/weekly.conf file specifies which of the stan- dard weekly services are performed. The variables described below can be set to ``YES'' or ``NO'' in the /etc/weekly.conf file. The default settings are in the /etc/defaults/weekly.conf file. (Note that you should never edit /etc/defaults/weekly.conf directly, as it is often replaced during system upgrades.) rebuild_locatedb This rebuilds the locate(1) database, /var/db/locate.database, which must also exist, in order to be rebuilt. rebuild_mandb This rebuilds the apropos(1) database /var/db/man.db, using makemandb(8) with the -f option. rebuild_whatisdb This rebuilds the whatis(1) database(s). Note that NetBSD provides a default whatis.db for the system manual pages and this may not be needed. (Adjust your /etc/man.conf as necessary; see man.conf(5) for details.) FILES
/etc/weekly weekly maintenance script /etc/weekly.conf weekly maintenance configuration /etc/weekly.local local site additions to /etc/weekly SEE ALSO
daily.conf(5), monthly.conf(5) HISTORY
The /etc/weekly script first appeared in 4.3BSD. The /etc/weekly.conf configuration file appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
March 6, 2012 BSD