Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to clear a removed single-disk pool from being listed by zpool import? Post 303021528 by Peasant on Saturday 11th of August 2018 10:40:29 PM
Old 08-11-2018
Try :
Code:
zpool export fido
devfsadm -Cv

Now check out the if import complains.

Regards
Peasant.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Solaris

unable to import zfs pool

# zpool import pool: emcpool1 id: 5596268873059055768 state: UNAVAIL status: One or more devices are missing from the system. action: The pool cannot be imported. Attach the missing devices and try again. see: Sun Message ID: ZFS-8000-3C config: emcpool1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Import zpool with missing slog device

Hello, I have a problem on my backup server. I lost my system hdd and my separate ZIL device while the system crashs and now I'm in trouble. The old system was running under the least version of osol/dev (snv_134) with zfs v22. After the server crashs I was very optimistic of solving the problems... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron2105
2 Replies

4. BSD

Unable to create zfs zpool in FreeBSD 8.2: no such pool or dataset

I am trying to test simple zfs functionality on a FreeBSD 8.2 VM. When I try to run a 'zpool create' I receive the following error: # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0s1a cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or dataset # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0 cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
3 Replies

5. Solaris

13 disk raidz2 pool lost

Hi guys, I appreciate any help in this regard, we have lost sensitive data in the company. One box with 2 disk mirrored and a 3ware controller handling 13 disks in a raidz2 pool. Suddenly the box restart and keeps "Reading ZFS config" for hours. Unplugging disk by disk we isolate the disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatxo
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Using liveupgrade on single ZFS pool

Hi Guys, I have a single ZFS pool with 2 disk which is mirrored if i create a new BE with lucreate should i specify which disk where the new BE should be created? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Add disk to zpool

Hi, Quick question. I have a data zpool that consists of 1 disk. pool: data state: ONLINE scrub: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM data ONLINE 0 0 0 c0t50002AC0014B06BEd0 ONLINE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Zpool import/export error

A backup/clone script of ours was recently ran. It normally only clones the rpool and renames in rpoolA. Something must've changed as it found another one of our pools that it shouldn't have. It exported that pool unbeknownst to us. Later on when a coworker realized the other pool was missing he... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beantownmp
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Zpool with 3 2-way mirrors in a pool

I have a single zpool with 3 2-way mirrors ( 3 x 2 way vdevs) it has a degraded disk in mirror-2, I know I can suffer a single drive failure, but looking at this how many drive failures can this suffer before it is no good? On the face of it, I thought that I could lose a further 2 drives in each... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishface
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Replace zpool with another disk

issue, I had a zpool which was full pool_temp1 199G 197G 1.56G 99% ONLINE - pool_temp2 199G 196G 3.09G 98% ONLINE - as you can see, full so I replaced with a larger disk. zpool replace pool_temp1 c3t600144F0FF8BA036000058CC1DB80008d0s0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
2 Replies
vximportdg(1M)															    vximportdg(1M)

NAME
vximportdg - import a disk group into the Veritas Volume Manager configuration SYNOPSIS
vximportdg daname new_dgname DESCRIPTION
The vximportdg utility performs a temporary import of the disk group contained on the disk device specified by daname to the disk group specified by new_dgname. As the persistent disk group information is not changed within the private partition of the affected disk, the import is only valid for the duration of the bootload or until a vxdg deport is performed. ARGUMENTS
daname Specifies the device name (disk access name) of one of the member disks of the disk group to be imported. The other members are imported automatically. new_dgname Specifies the disk group to be imported. USAGE
One reason to use the vximportdg utility is to import a second generation of the rootdg disk group so that its objects are available for use while a system is running on a different rootdg. To prevent volumes on the second generation rootdg from having the same device minor numbers as volumes (such as rootvol) on the active rootdg, the importation assigns temporary non-conflicting device minor numbers. If this occurs, vximportdg outputs warning messages detailing the mapping of the minor numbers. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vximportdg(1M)