Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exit always returns 0
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exit always returns 0 Post 303021509 by drew77 on Saturday 11th of August 2018 07:50:42 PM
Old 08-11-2018
Thanks for the valuable info.

------ Post updated at 06:50 PM ------

I made a change in my user profile and now I don't like the new look.

I would like to attach a screenshot, but could not find a way.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Programming

exit(0) versus exit(1)

What is the difference between using exit(0) and exit(1) to exit a program? Which should I use? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is meaning of exit(0) and exit(1)

can u tell me what is the meaning of exit(0),exit(1),exit(2) what is diff amonng these. Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep without returns...

Is there a command where I can pipe my grep into it and it will output it with spaces rather than returns? Example I want to turn prompt$ grep blah file blah blah into this prompt$ grep blah file | someCommand blah blah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep returns nothing

Hi all, I am trying to grep a .txt file for a word. When I hit enter, it returns back to $ The file is 4155402 in size and is named in this way: *_eveningtimes_done_log.txt I use this command, being in the same directory as the file: grep -i "invalid" *_eveningtimes_done_log.txt ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculation returns no value

#/bin/sh ..... #convert memory to MB let "mmsize_a= ($mmsize)/256" let "mminuse_a= ($mminuse)/256" let "mmfree_a= ($mmsize_a -$mminuse_a)" let "mmfreepercent= (($mmfree_a)/($mmsize_a))*100" # #format output echo "\n\n######################" >>$sndFile echo "\n$sysName Total Memory usage"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Functions and Value returns

mon_yy=${1} date_found=`find_end_day $mon_yy` export_dealer_changes ${date_found} Hello I am trying to pull a formatted date back from the function find_end_day and pass it into the function export_dealer_changes. When I try the above the variable date_found is empty. I have tried various... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treemyf
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the difference between exit 1 & exit 7

Hi In one of the script I am seeing some thing like exit 7,exit 1,exit 2,exit 3,exit 9,exit6.What is the difference between all of this exit.Can anyone help here please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in function returns value

Hi, I need to return a value from the function. the value will be the output from cat command which uses random fucntion. #!/bin/ksh hello() { var1=$(`cat /dev/urandom| tr -dc 'a-zA-Z0-9-!%&()*+,-/:;<=>?_'|fold -w 10 | head -n 1`) echo "value is" var1 return var1 } hello var=$?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)