Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Transpose from row to column using timestamp in first column Post 303021394 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 8th of August 2018 11:54:40 PM
Old 08-09-2018
In post #3, I asked you six questions. You have now answered one of them:
Quote:
Did Ravinder guess correctly at how the first line of a group is identified?
you answered "No" to that question.

Please give us answers to the other questions so we have a chance of helping you figure out what needs to be done to reach your goal.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row to column transpose

Can we transpose rows to columns? Fields within row are separated by a comma. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I transpose a column of results to a row

Hi, Can anyone advise me what command I could use to display the results of the following command as a row. Thanks Gareth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose column to row

Hi i have a file which has values seperated by "," as shown below and I want to transpose for every doc_id in one row. Input: DOC_ID,KEYWORD 105,REGISTROS 105,GEOLOGIA 105,NUCLEOS 105,EXPEDIENTE 105,PROGRAMAS 10025,EXPEDIENTE 10025,LOCALIZACIONES 10025,OFICIOS 10025,PROGRAMAS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juelillo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row to column transpose between same pattern.

Hi All, I have been trying to transpose rows to column in an large file (about 15000 lines) between matching pattern. Searched all posts in this forum, but not able find the solution to my problem. Any help appreciated.!! Input /*------XXXXXX-------*/ owner: XXXX location: XXXX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobP
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Row to column transpose

Hi there, Below is sample three rows which i need transpose into multiple rows. By keeping first 2 fields static and split them into multiple rows depend following date field. Each into seperate rows. Sample code: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshd
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column to row Transpose

Hi Folks, Iam a kinda newbie to unix shell scripting, the scenario is i have a text file containing the following info Charlie chicago 15 Charlie newyork 26 jonny chicago 14 jonny newyork 15 joe chicago 15 joe newyork 18output should be Name chicago ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To transpose row into column

Hi All, In shell, I have below data coming from some some text file as below: . 351706 5861.8 0.026 0.012 12.584 0.026 0.012 12.582 0.000 0.000 0.000 Now i need the above data to be transposed as below 351706... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamica
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose row to column

I'm using the testawk.awk from the following thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/18897-row-column-transpose.htmlI'm getting the following output fieldname1 data1 fieldname2 data2 fieldname3 data3 How can I get like this instead 1 fieldname1 data1 2 fieldname2 data2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: makkan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How transpose column in a row?

Hello guys, First of all happy holidays and happy new year. I'm new in bioinformatic and also it is my first time that I write in this forum. Therefore, sorry if I make some mistakes. I'm writing to ask your help to fix a problem: I have a file like this: gene1 GO:0016491|GO:0055114... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salvatore_espos
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Transpose the Row and column

Hi, I have data in form of A ram B shyam C seeta D geeta A bob B methew C Richad D Mike and i want it in this form. A B C D ram shyam seeta geeta bob methew Richard Mike. please help by providing the scripting for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricbha
3 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)