Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare 2 files and extract the data which is present in other file - awk is not working Post 303021380 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 8th of August 2018 04:54:32 PM
Old 08-08-2018
I think you want awk to recognize comma-separated fields, so set the field delimiter to a comma
Code:
awk -F, ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data in 2 files and delete if file exist

Hi there, I have written a script called "compare" (see below) to make comparison between 2 files namely test_put.log and Output_A0.log #!/bin/ksh while read file do found="no" while read line do echo $line | grep $file > /dev/null if then echo $file found found="yes" break fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to extract data from Xml file

Hi, I want to get data from Xml file by using sed or awk command. I want to get the following result : mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 and save it in cvs file (fichier.cvs). FROM this Xml file (test.xml): <playlist version="1"> <trackList> <track>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeclota
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK, extract data from multiple files

Hi, I'm using AWK to try to extract data from multiple files (*.txt). The script should look for a flag that occurs at a specific position in each file and it should return the data to the right of that flag. I should end up with one line for each file, each containing 3 columns:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data with awk from html files

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and i am new as a shell scripter. my problem is to have html files in a directory and I would like to extract from these some data that lies between two different lines Here's my situation <td align="default"> oxidizability (mg / l): data_to_extract... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbobotex
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data with awk and write to several files

Hi! I have one file with data that looks like this: 1 data data data data 2 data data data data 3 data data data data . . . 1 data data data data 2 data data data data 3 data data data data . . . I would like to have awk to write each block to a separate file, like this: 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinWin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FNR>2 is not working and unable to extract data from a file

Hi, I have a file in windows environment and moved to UNIX through FTP (ASCII format). The file is having with tab delimited file. awk ‘FNR>2' file_cust*.txt >>filnal.txt I have the same file in production; it is working fine with the same procedure. Once we receive the file in windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and extract the data which is not present in other file with condition

I have 2 files whose data's are as follows : fileA 00 lieferungen 00 attractiop 01 done 02 forness 03 rasp 04 alwaysisng 04 funny 05 done1 fileB alwayssng dkhf fdgdfg dfgdg sdjkgkdfjg funny rasp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajniman
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files & extract column awk

I have two tab delimited files as given below: File_1: PV16 E1 865 2814 1950 PV16 E2 2756 3853 1098 PV16 E4 3333 3620 288 PV16 E5 3850 4101 252 PV16 E6 83 559 477 PV16 E7 562 858 297 PV16 L2 4237 5658 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two numbers which present in two different files

Hi, I need to compare the two floating or integer numbers which present in two different files, Ex: File 1: col1 col2 col3 11 ssa 13.60 12 ssb 11.00 13 ssc 754.00 File 2:col1 col2 col3 11 sa 12.75 12 sb 11.00 13 sc 763.00 here i have to compare 3 column if 1st column match,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and write data to second file using awk

Hi Guys, I wanted to compare a delimited file and positional file, for a particular key files and if it matches then append the positional file with some data. Example: Delimited File -------------- Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218257;E5218257 Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218260;E5218260 Positional File... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies
JOIN(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   JOIN(1)

NAME
join -- relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [-a file_number | -v file_number] [-e string] [-o list] [-t char] [-1 field] [-2 field] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The join utility performs an ``equality join'' on the specified files and writes the result to the standard output. The ``join field'' is the field in each file by which the files are compared. The first field in each line is used by default. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 which have identical join fields. Each output line consists of the join field, the remaining fields from file1 and then the remaining fields from file2. The default field separators are tab and space characters. In this case, multiple tabs and spaces count as a single field separator, and leading tabs and spaces are ignored. The default output field separator is a single space character. Many of the options use file and field numbers. Both file numbers and field numbers are 1 based, i.e. the first file on the command line is file number 1 and the first field is field number 1. The following options are available: -a file_number In addition to the default output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file file_number. -e string Replace empty output fields with string. -o list The -o option specifies the fields that will be output from each file for each line with matching join fields. Each element of list has the either the form 'file_number.field', where file_number is a file number and field is a field number, or the form '0' (zero), representing the join field. The elements of list must be either comma (``,'') or whitespace separated. (The latter requires quot- ing to protect it from the shell, or, a simpler approach is to use multiple -o options.) -t char Use character char as a field delimiter for both input and output. Every occurrence of char in a line is significant. -v file_number Do not display the default output, but display a line for each unpairable line in file file_number. The options -v 1 and -v 2 may be specified at the same time. -1 field Join on the field'th field of file 1. -2 field Join on the field'th field of file 2. When the default field delimiter characters are used, the files to be joined should be ordered in the collating sequence of sort(1), using the -b option, on the fields on which they are to be joined, otherwise join may not report all field matches. When the field delimiter char- acters are specified by the -t option, the collating sequence should be the same as sort(1) without the -b option. If one of the arguments file1 or file2 is ``-'', the standard input is used. DIAGNOSTICS
The join utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. COMPATIBILITY
For compatibility with historic versions of join, the following options are available: -a In addition to the default output, produce a line for each unpairable line in both file 1 and file 2. -j1 field Join on the field'th field of file 1. -j2 field Join on the field'th field of file 2. -j field Join on the field'th field of both file 1 and file 2. -o list ... Historical implementations of join permitted multiple arguments to the -o option. These arguments were of the form 'file_number.field_number' as described for the current -o option. This has obvious difficulties in the presence of files named '1.2'. These options are available only so historic shellscripts don't require modification and should not be used. STANDARDS
The join command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). SEE ALSO
awk(1), comm(1), paste(1), sort(1), uniq(1) BSD
April 18, 2002 BSD