Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Moving file systems from one server to the other Post 303021315 by hicksd8 on Wednesday 8th of August 2018 05:15:48 AM
Old 08-08-2018
If within 'format' you:

Select the NetApp Lun c9t4d0

Enter option 'p'

Enter option 'p' (again)

What output do you get? Does it output a slice table?

DON'T use 'format' to change anything on the disk at this time. Just 'Quit' out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving from one web server to another

Hi All, Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I am a Unix neophyte. I can install scripts, move around some and perform basic functions - mostly related to websites and alway with a resource guide in front of me. I currently have 12 websites hosted on a VPS and I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcurrie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files from one server to another

Hi guys, I have few files on my laptop(win XP). I am connected to a network called 'asx'(intranet). I have ssh2 and reflections on my system. I need to copy these few files from my system to a folder on the UNIX server(called 'CSSX'). Please can anyone explain me how to acheive this? I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uniksbro
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Do I need to reboot Solaris 10 server for changes in /etc/systems ?

Hi, I have upgraded my Solaris 10 2005 to Solaris 10 2007. I am facing one bug, id: 6550904. To override this issue I have done following changes in /etc/systems: set max_uheap_lpsize = 0x2000 set max_ustack_lpsize = 0x2000 set max_privmap_lpsize = 0x2000 set max_shm_lpsize =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
6 Replies

4. AIX

moving to new server

I'm moving an application from an old RS6000 running 4.3.2 to a p5 running 5.3. Could someone point me a the direction on docs to perform such a function? Critical OS files, moving of printers and print queues especially. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sullivjp
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from one server to another server every 5 min

HI All, I am trying to automate my stuff to make 'to-do-easier'. I am new to shell scripting. I need help to you regarding the below problem. I have one directory in my server, frequently files will store in that directory. I want to move that files into another server on every 5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravvamohan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a database from one server to another

I hope I'm posting this in the correct section. I'm trying to move a database from one server to another. This is the code I'm using... tar czf - vbdatabase.sql | ssh username@full.domain.com 'cat > /home/cpanelusername/vbdatabase.tar.gz ... but all I'm getting is a ">" and then nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chimpie
4 Replies

7. Linux

Moving Whole OS Centos Server

I currently have a web server its on a small harddrive I didn't know my site would grow so fast but now I need a bigger hard drive. Instead of adding another harddrive (host charge monthly of how many hard drives connected to server) is there anyway to just move the whole os to a bigger hard drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Key Points when Moving from Server A to Server B??

Hi Everyone, I'm still learning daily about UNIX (specifically Solaris 10). I'm tasked with moving my current application and database from Datacenter A to Datacenter B. There will be no updates and no changes other than a new server and new location. So far, I have Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smckech1972
3 Replies

9. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

Moving boot SSD from a dead server to a new server

Hi all, We have a disk array that has the boot drive on an OCZ SSD on a PCIe card. Well, the motherboard died and we got a new motherboard. We moved the controllers, NICs, etc, to the exact same slots on the new motherboard, except now it won't boot. I guess it doesn't recognize the OS on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glowe57
1 Replies
NetApp::Filer::Version(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       NetApp::Filer::Version(3pm)

NAME
NetApp::Filer::Version -- OO Class for representing NetApp Filer versions SYNOPSIS
use NetApp::Filer; my $filer = NetApp::Filer->new({ ... }); # The "version" is: NetApp Release 7.2.2: Sat Mar 24 20:38:59 PDT 2007 my $version = $filer->get_version; # $version->isa("NetApp::Filer::Version") print $version->get_release, " "; # prints "7.2.2" print $version->get_date, " "; # prints "Sat Mar 24 20:38:59 PDT 2007" print $version->get_string, " "; print "$version "; # Both print the same thing, the second one through operator overloading, # namely the original, unparsed version string print $version->get_version, " "; # prints "v7.2.2" DESCRIPTION
This class is used to encapsulate the NetApp Filer version string, and provide access to the components of the string as a numeric release, a perl version, and a date string. METHODS
get_release Returns the NetApp numerical release as a string, for example: 7.2.2 get_date Returns the NetApp release date as a string, for example: Sat Mar 24 20:38:59 PDT 2007 get_string Returns the unparsed version string in it's entirety: NetApp Release 7.2.2: Sat Mar 24 20:38:59 PDT 2007 get_version Returns the NetApp release as a perl version object. perl v5.14.2 2008-11-26 NetApp::Filer::Version(3pm)