Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text manipulation with sed - Advanced technic Post 303021295 by RudiC on Tuesday 7th of August 2018 05:43:13 PM
Old 08-07-2018
Your sample data have DOS line terminators (<CR>, 0x0D, \r ^M) that need to be eliminated first. How about
Code:
awk '
                        {sub (/\r/, _)
                        }
/^ *Libray/             {LIB = $2
                        }
/^ *Source/             {SRC = $2
                        }
/^ *END/                {SA = 0
                        }
SA                      {CNT1++
                         CNT2++
                         printf "%s %s %s %03d %04d\n",  LIB, SRC, $0, CNT1, CNT2
                        }
/BEGIN SOURCE ANALYSIS/ {SA   = 1
                         CNT1 = 0
                        }
' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

text manipulation

Hi, i have a file like this below, and it my have n no. of lines. Moderator gave me a solution with awk, but it was working only for the first 2 lines because awk has a limitation. can anyone give me the solution, thank you INPUT FILE: 1081 "WPCW 19 - CW/AM1, WPCB 40 - FAMN/CORNER, WPCB-DT1 50 -... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: injeti
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced Search & Delete Text File

I have a file in which email messages are stored in. Every email is separated by by a ^Z character (Control-Z). I need to extract all emails after the 65,00th one to another file and delete them from the original file. Any suggests on accomplishing this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxcell
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation

I am tryin to figure out how to extract interested text from file example.txt blah blah blah a: child1 blah a: child2 blah b: parent1 blah blah blah .... blah a: child21 blah a: child22 blah a: child23 blah b: parent2 this kinda text repeats .. number of children is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkishore
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with text manipulation

Hi there, I have some text files in unix format that processed by a program in windows, and when I open them with less or vi in linux, a warn for opening binary file is prompted, and as shown in vi, between every two characters there was inserted a "^@". How can I fix this. Plus, there are over... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dustinwang2003
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced grep and sed

I am wondering if there is a way via grep and sed to extract a string that is on the 2nd line below a known marker as in this example: TextRel 203 0 0 "WELL:" SetPosAbs 1287 -6676 TextRel 210 0 0 "AEP #2" The marker is WELL:, but the string I need is "AEP #2". Can grep/sed handle this... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: phudgens
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed usage with special characters - text manipulation

I'm trying to use sed to replace string in text file but I've some problems with slash and new-line for example I have to replace this string: \> signal_rssi=" or this string where new-line is in the middle of the string: " /> I'm using this code for the first case but it doesn't... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheMrOrange
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced sed/awk help

I have thousands of files in HTML that looks like this: .... .... .... <!-- table horaire --> <!-- table horaire --> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="tblHoraires" summary="Table des horaires de la ligne 12"> <tr> <th scope="row"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: charafantah
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Manipulation Help

Hello unix.com people! How can I modify a text in format: A:B:C A:B:C A:B:C into C/A/B C/A/B C/A/B Note: Text is line by line and "C", "B", "A" fields are different each row. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation help

Hello Unix.com, How can i generate links like this: i got http://upload.com/1/1.txt and i need to generate links from http://upload.com/1/1.txt to http://upload.com/1000/1000.txt Thanks in advance, Galford D. Weller (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation with sed/awk in a bash script

Guys, I have a variable in a script that I want to transform to into something else Im hoping you guys can help. It doesn't have to use sed/awk but I figured these would be the simplest. DATE=20160120 I'd like to transform $DATE into "01-20-16" and move it into a new variable called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dendenyc
8 Replies
XINETD.LOG(5)							File Formats Manual						     XINETD.LOG(5)

NAME
xinetd.log - xinetd service log format DESCRIPTION
A service configuration may specify various degrees of logging when attempts are made to access the service. When logging for a service is enabled, xinetd will generate one-line log entries which have the following format (all entries have a timestamp as a prefix): entry: service-id data The data depends on the entry. Possible entry types include: START generated when a server is started EXIT generated when a server exits FAIL generated when it is not possible to start a server USERID generated if the USERID log option is used. NOID generated if the USERID log option is used, and the IDONLY service flag is used, and the remote end does not identify who is trying to access the service. In the following, the information enclosed in brackets appears if the appropriate log option is used. A START entry has the format: START: service-id [pid=%d] [from=%d.%d.%d.%d] An EXIT entry has the format: EXIT: service-id [type=%d] [pid=%d] [duration=%d(sec)] type can be either status or signal. The number is either the exit status or the signal that caused process termination. A FAIL entry has the format: FAIL: service-id reason [from=%d.%d.%d.%d] Possible reasons are: fork a certain number of consecutive fork attempts failed (this number is a configurable parameter) time the time check failed address the address check failed service_limit the allowed number of server instances for this service would be exceeded process_limit a limit on the number of forked processes was specified and it would be exceeded A DATA entry has the format: DATA: service-id data The data logged depends on the service. login remote_user=%s local_user=%s tty=%s exec remote_user=%s verify=status command=%s Possible status values: ok the password was correct failed the password was incorrect baduser no such user shell remote_user=%s local_user=%s command=%s finger received string or EMPTY-LINE A USERID entry has the format: USERID: service-id text The text is the response of the identification daemon at the remote end excluding the port numbers (which are included in the response). A NOID entry has the format: NOID: service-id IP-address reason SEE ALSO
xinetd(1L), xinetd.conf(5) 28 April 1993 XINETD.LOG(5)