Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Posts Converted to Divs - Overflow Works - Now Testing Post 303021272 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 7th of August 2018 01:12:53 PM
Old 08-07-2018
Agreed. I just tested W7 and FF (64-bit) and no issues.
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

RTF files can they be converted once they are on linux system

:D mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt my dillemma is simple i have psion 5 mx wich is an epoc type machine not only does it only work on windows as far as I know but I have to convert the files (the usual stuff!) sometimes a humen error happens and the files that I want to transfer to the linux drive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print is not in ordered after hash converted to array

Perl: Can anyone tell me why after I convert the hash into an array, when I print it out, it's not in the order like the hash? See below.. my %cityZip = ("Logan, AL", 35098, "Los Angeles, CA", 90001, "OrangeVille, IL", 61060, "Palm Bay, FL",... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teiji
6 Replies

3. Programming

getting double to be converted

got a problem. i have to get A to + 20.70 but i keep getting A + 20 in my logic below. anyone can guide me on where i go wrong? i understand it is a double, but i do not noe how to parse it to the function so that it can read in as 20.70 instead of just 20.. i highlighted the problem part... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf error (not completely converted)

I'm encountering an issue in printf.. it works on other servers but not this one (SunOS - Kernel Generic_118558-33) root@server # echo $x 2.340 root@server # printf "%.1f" $x printf: 2.340 not completely converted 2,0root@server # anyone has an idea? i was expecting an output of "2.3" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Spanish Characters get converted in strange chrac

I am trying to sftp a textfile from windows to linux. The file includes some spanish characters. When I vi the file in LINUX, the special (spanish) characters get converted into some strange characters. anyone know how i can resolve this? for example México gets converted into México on LINUX. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to keep tab from being converted to space

Hi, I want to read lines from a file, and I'm using two methods 1 use while read line do done<filename 2 use line=`sed -n '3p' filename` however, in both of them, I notice that the tab between fields are automatically converted to space because I want to use awk over the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Directories converted into files with the same size

Hi Gurus, I know this sounds weird, We have encountered many incidents where some directories on several Solaris 10 boxes, will be converted to files with the same size. for example the file below : -rw-r--r-- 1 rkadm redknee 5027399 Apr 15 00:02 dump This was a directory created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hebrew converted into jibrish while put command

HI Friends , I have a script which cp xml files from linux to other server thru ftp my xml file contains charcters in hebrew although , the command Binary exists in the script . the files contains Undefined Charcters after converting. script : ftp -p -n $HOST << EOF user $USER $PASSWORD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
9 Replies

9. War Stories

Scrollbars and Overflow in Posts (Code Tags)

YAY! Finally, seems like forever, I added this CSS to the posts (postbit) for table columns and scrollbars work still do not work for code tags and text inside posts. <style> td { max-width:200px; overflow: auto; white-space: nowrap; } </style> YAY... Now scollbars... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
PCRELIMITS(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     PCRELIMITS(3)

NAME
PCRE - Perl-compatible regular expressions SIZE AND OTHER LIMITATIONS
There are some size limitations in PCRE but it is hoped that they will never in practice be relevant. The maximum length of a compiled pattern is approximately 64K data units (bytes for the 8-bit library, 32-bit units for the 32-bit library, and 32-bit units for the 32-bit library) if PCRE is compiled with the default internal linkage size of 2 bytes. If you want to process reg- ular expressions that are truly enormous, you can compile PCRE with an internal linkage size of 3 or 4 (when building the 16-bit or 32-bit library, 3 is rounded up to 4). See the README file in the source distribution and the pcrebuild documentation for details. In these cases the limit is substantially larger. However, the speed of execution is slower. All values in repeating quantifiers must be less than 65536. There is no limit to the number of parenthesized subpatterns, but there can be no more than 65535 capturing subpatterns. There is a limit to the number of forward references to subsequent subpatterns of around 200,000. Repeated forward references with fixed upper limits, for example, (?2){0,100} when subpattern number 2 is to the right, are included in the count. There is no limit to the number of backward references. The maximum length of name for a named subpattern is 32 characters, and the maximum number of named subpatterns is 10000. The maximum length of a name in a (*MARK), (*PRUNE), (*SKIP), or (*THEN) verb is 255 for the 8-bit library and 65535 for the 16-bit and 32-bit library. The maximum length of a subject string is the largest positive number that an integer variable can hold. However, when using the tradi- tional matching function, PCRE uses recursion to handle subpatterns and indefinite repetition. This means that the available stack space may limit the size of a subject string that can be processed by certain patterns. For a discussion of stack issues, see the pcrestack docu- mentation. AUTHOR
Philip Hazel University Computing Service Cambridge CB2 3QH, England. REVISION
Last updated: 04 May 2012 Copyright (c) 1997-2012 University of Cambridge. PCRE 8.30 24 June 2012 PCRELIMITS(3)