Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alignment tool to join text files in 2 directories to create a parallel corpus Post 303021258 by gimley on Tuesday 7th of August 2018 11:40:50 AM
Old 08-07-2018
Could you please explain in what way?? Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any non graphical tool that make selective merge between text files?

whitout using awk / sad and so on? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Command line tool to join multiple .wmv files?

I need a simple command line executable that allows me to join many wmv files into one output wmv file, preferrably in a simple way like this: wmvjoin file1.wmv file2.wmv .... > outputfile.wmv So what I want is the wmv-equivalent of mpgtx I cannot find it on internet. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

create more than 100 directories and copy files into them

Hi, I have several files containing experiment measurements per hour (hour_1.txt has measurements for first hour, etc..etc..). I have 720 of these files (i.e. up to hour_720.txt) and i want to create 720 directories and in every one of them i want to copy its associative file (e.g.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linguistic project: extract co-occurrences from text corpus

Hello guys, I've got a big corpus (a huge text file in which words are separated by one or several spaces). I would like to know if there is a simple way - using awk for instance - to extract any co-occurrence appearing at least 3times through the whole corpus for a given word. By co-occurrence,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobylapointe
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to join 2 text files sorted by

Can anyone please help me i have 2 text files setup like the one below. Textfile1: randomemail1:randompassword1 randomemail2:randompassword2 randomemail3:randompassword3 randomemail4:randompassword4 randomemail5:randompassword5 Textfile2: randompassword1:randomphrase1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nufc
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files in UNIX and create a new file similar to equi join

I have 2 files namely branch.txt file & RXD.txt file as below Ex:Branch.txt ========================= B1,Branchname1,city,country B2,Branchname2,city,country B3,Branchname3,city,country B4,Branchname4,city,country B5,Branchname5,city,country RXD file : will... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: satece
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan directories and create a list of files

Gents, Please can you help. I want to create a list which contends the complete patch of the location of some directories with the size of each file. need to select only .txt file In this case I am try to find the subdirectories tp1 and tp2 and create the output list. jd175-1 tp1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to join 2 text files using bash scripting?

Hi Guys, I want to combine 2 files and and put together in 1 file . See below desired output. Any help will be much appreciated. FILE AX 2134 101L 12345.00 22222.00 1 10 X 2134 101L 12345.00 22222.00 11 20 X 2134 101L 12345.00 22222.00 21 30 X 2134 111L 77777.00 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: H.R
3 Replies
canadian-english(5)						   Users' Manual					       canadian-english(5)

NAME
canadian-english - a list of English words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/canadian-english is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
There may be any number of word lists in /usr/share/dict/. /etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to the currently-chosen /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default-wordlist(8) for more information, and/or to change the currently- chosen word list. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. The Debian English word lists are built from the SCOWL (Spell- Checker Ori- ented Word Lists) package, whose upstream editor is Kevin Atkinson <kevina@users.sourceforge.net>. Debian 16 June 2003 canadian-english(5)