Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove filename from output file? Post 303021221 by vgersh99 on Monday 6th of August 2018 03:45:04 PM
Old 08-06-2018
add -h to the grep.
man grep
This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help:how to remove headers in output file

Hi I am running a script (which compares two directory contents) for which I am getting an output of 70 pages in which few pages are blank so I was able to delete those blank lines. But I also want to delete the headers present for each page. can any one help me by providing the code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj_thota
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove xmlns from xml output file

Hi, I have the xml output file which contents the namespace xmlns. I would like to remove that line <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> I would like to remove line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ca_sr2274
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename from splitting files to have the same filename of the original file with counter value

Hi all, I have a list of xml file. I need to split the files to a different files when see the <ko> tag. The list of filename are B20090908.1100-20090908.1200_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1200-20090908.1300_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1300-20090908.1400_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove filename is text file

Hello, I got files full path in a text file like that /main/k/kdelibs/kdelibs4c2a_3.5.10.dfsg.1-2ubuntu7_i386.deb /main/k/kdelibs-experimental/libknotificationitem-dev_4.3.2-0ubuntu1_i386.deb /main/k/kdemultimedia/dragonplayer_4.3.2-0ubuntu1_i386.deb... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidkhan
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

use input filename as an argument to name output file

I know this is a simple matter, but I'm new to this. I have a shell script that calls a sed script from within it. I want the output of the shell script to be based on the input file I pass as an argument to the original script. In other words... ./script.sh file.txt (script.sh calls sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estebandido
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove print formating from printer output file

I have a print file taken from the print spooler and I want to delete all the formatting leaving only the text. If you vi the file it shows "\304\304 ...." which translates into a printed line on print output. I need to be able to edit and pass this file to another process Thnaks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: petercp
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Splitter output filename

Issue: I am able to split source file in multiple files of 10 rows each but unable to get the required outputfile name. please advise. Details: input = A.txt having 44 rows required output = A_001.txt , A_002.txt and so on. Can below awk be modified to give required result current... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2k2
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the last 15 characters of a filename with respect to leave file extension

how can i remove numbers of characters from the last name of file with respect to not remove the files extension example VFX_Official_Trailer_(HD)__Shhh__-_by_Freddy_Chavez_Olmos_&_Shervin_Shoghian-.mp4 i want to rename this to VFX-Official-Trailer-(HD)-Shhh... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ateya
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output a list of five books with their filename titles into one file

Dear unix forum, could I output a list of five books with their file name titles into one file? In order o output all the contents of all the files with their file names there was: find . -type f | while read x; echo -e "\n$x";cat "$x";done > бетховен.txt In spite of them being successively... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert the line number from text file to filename output

Hi everyone :) I have a file "words.txt" containing hundreds of lines of text. Each line contains a slogan. Using the code below i am able to generate an image with the slogan text from each line. The image filename is saved matching the last word on each line. Example: Line 1: We do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
2 Replies