Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Backup Script Post 303021218 by xCraftRayX on Monday 6th of August 2018 01:12:45 PM
Old 08-06-2018
Thanks for found quotation marks Smilie I don't know why this script working properly on: ubuntu server 17.10 artful aardvark but on 18.04 "Bionic Beaver" have problem...

And when I leave an empty line without a comment, I get this error:
root@mines:~# sh ./backup.sh
: not found: 2: ./backup.sh:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Backup Script

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this question but I have a script on an IBM RS6000 that has quit working. I can manually run a backup using SMIT and it appears okay, but not sure about the script. ----------code------------ #!/bin/ksh #set -x echo backup beginning date find... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: geek4sur
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Script

Hi, My SCO Unixware 7.1.1 box is setup to run an EOD backup script, which is as follows: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- start End-of-day compress $BASE TO /home/compdir write /home/compdir to DATTAPE end ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in backup script

Hello folks. Good Day! i want to backup /var/www directory backup to another system daily basis incremental backup and weekly full backup. Directory name where it should automatically created like 2010-04-20 i mean via script. Can some one help? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

backup script

Hi, I need to write a script that will capture the 8th character on each line (alphanumeric /meta chars) to the 16th character and send to an output file. Any ideas? R, D. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script / Test if script is already running

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions : 1) I have a backup shell script, let's call it backup.sh, that is called every hour as a cron job. As a matter of fact a backup could last more than one hour. It mounts a NAS and then do some rsync on important directories, so really I don't want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Script

I have write the following script, its execution i got following error: !/bin/sh # # dy='date +%d%b%y' hn="ECTMPROD12" bk='/home/backup' sb=$bk'/'$hn # # cm_d01='tar -czf /home/backup/'$hn'_'$dy'_ofhome.tar.gz /home/oracle/ofhome' # # echo "***** start time of ECTMPROD12 backup full"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan.shaukat
3 Replies
BACKUP-WHATSTHIS(1)						   Chiark-backup					       BACKUP-WHATSTHIS(1)

NAME
backup-whatsthis - read an id off a tape and display it SYNOPSIS
backup-whatsthis [--list [n]] DESCRIPTION
`backup-whatsthis' is a simple script to display the TAPEID of the current tape and optionally list its contents. This script is a bit of a hack and may not be fully reliable. OPTIONS
--list [n] Print TAPEID then list archive n (default 0). Note that archives are numbered from zero. FILES
/etc/chiark-backup/settings.pl Configuration file for the whole of chiark-backup BUGS
`backup-whatsthis' is currently hardwired to assume `cpio' type backups when listing; it could be trivially hardwired to assume `zafio' or with slightly more effort it could be done properly :->. AUTHOR
This Manual page was written by Matthew Vernon <matthew@debian.org> but may be used by anyone. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-1998,2000-2001 Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> Copyright (C) 1999 Peter Maydell <pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Debian July 2003 BACKUP-WHATSTHIS(1)