Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Proposal to Eliminate Thread Icons Column Post 303021068 by Neo on Friday 3rd of August 2018 12:00:49 PM
Old 08-03-2018
OK.

They are "gone" unless we get a lot of complaints to turn them back on.

Which I doubt ... LOL

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Dotted thread icons

Can you guys please enable the "dotted" icon option, so that the thread icon for a thread in which a user has posted in will appear with a dot in it? Thanks, Aaron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

2. Programming

Master's degree proposal, Router software

Hello everyone, After 8 years of being out of school I am trying to start my Masters degree. This specific type of degree is being done only by research (research mode vs. coursework mode). I need to prepare a research proposal and send it to the school. I will need a professor to accept me as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmac
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

research proposal for PG

hi friends i have just completed my graduation and applied for Post graduation i have to submit a research proposal of OS in the interview i m a beginner & only read galvin & silbershcatz book on operating systems can anyone help me in that ... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iet.manish
3 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registration proposal

Hello. I've been reading the feed via twitter for a long time, but though i'm willing to help, i can't post and register (russia's banned). IP is dynamic, it's (<ip address>) for now. DevOps, RH, python and unix shell scripting. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spider_fingers
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the average from column, and eliminate the duplicate values.

Dear Experts, Kindly help me please, I have a big file where there is duplicate values in col 11 till col 23, every 2 rows appers a new numbers, but in each row there is different coordinates x and y in col 57 till col 74. Please i will like to get a single value and average of the x and y... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New Member Profile Pages (Proposal)

Hey, I am thinking to get rid of the old and clunky member profile pages and replace with a prototype from Brad at Traversy Media. Here is the prototype: Welcome To My Portfolio Basically, I will take the links in the user profile page and put them into the new format when I have time.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
Moose::Cookbook::Snack::Keywords(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Moose::Cookbook::Snack::Keywords(3)

NAME
Moose::Cookbook::Snack::Keywords - Restricted "keywords" in Moose VERSION
version 2.1202 DESCRIPTION
Moose exports a number of sugar functions in order to emulate Perl built-in keywords. These can cause clashes with other user-defined functions. This document provides a list of those keywords for easy reference. The 'meta' keyword "use Moose" adds a method called "meta" to your class. If this conflicts with a method or function you are using, you can rename it, or prevent it from being installed entirely. To do this, pass the "-meta_name" option when you "use Moose". For instance: # install it under a different name use Moose -meta_name => 'moose_meta'; # don't install it at all use Moose -meta_name => undef; Moose Keywords If you are using Moose or Moose::Role it is best to avoid these keywords: extends with has before after around super override inner augment confess blessed Moose::Util::TypeConstraints Keywords If you are using Moose::Util::TypeConstraints it is best to avoid these keywords: type subtype class_type role_type maybe_type duck_type as where message inline_as coerce from via enum find_type_constraint register_type_constraint Avoiding collisions Turning off Moose To remove the sugar functions Moose exports, just add "no Moose" at the bottom of your code: package Thing; use Moose; # code here no Moose; This will unexport the sugar functions that Moose originally exported. The same will also work for Moose::Role and Moose::Util::TypeConstraints. Sub::Exporter features Moose, Moose::Role and Moose::Util::TypeConstraints all use Sub::Exporter to handle all their exporting needs. This means that all the features that Sub::Exporter provides are also available to them. For instance, with Sub::Exporter you can rename keywords, like so: package LOL::Cat; use Moose 'has' => { -as => 'i_can_haz' }; i_can_haz 'cheeseburger' => ( is => 'rw', trigger => sub { print "NOM NOM" } ); LOL::Cat->new->cheeseburger('KTHNXBYE'); See the Sub::Exporter docs for more information. namespace::autoclean and namespace::clean You can also use namespace::autoclean to clean up your namespace. This will remove all imported functions from your namespace. Note that if you are importing functions that are intended to be used as methods (this includes overload, due to internal implementation details), it will remove these as well. Another option is to use namespace::clean directly, but you must be careful not to remove "meta" when doing so: package Foo; use Moose; use namespace::clean -except => 'meta'; # ... SEE ALSO
Moose Moose::Role Moose::Util::TypeConstraints Sub::Exporter namespace::autoclean namespace::clean AUTHORS
o Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> o Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> o Jesse Luehrs <doy@tozt.net> o Shawn M Moore <code@sartak.org> o XXXX XXX'XX (Yuval Kogman) <nothingmuch@woobling.org> o Karen Etheridge <ether@cpan.org> o Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> o Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp@weftsoar.net> o Chris Prather <chris@prather.org> o Matt S Trout <mst@shadowcat.co.uk> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2006 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-19 Moose::Cookbook::Snack::Keywords(3)