Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR Post 303021066 by Neo on Friday 3rd of August 2018 11:55:38 AM
Old 08-03-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
Are localhost and 127.0.0.1 refering to the same? (/etc/hosts)
Yes, I checked that a number of times using both localhost and 127.0.0.1

Also

Code:
cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1	localhost

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server

Hi Experts, I am in need of running a script from one node say node 1 via node 2. My scheduling tool dont have access to node2 , so i need to invoke the list file from node1 but the script needs to run from node2. because the server to which i am hitting, is having access only for the node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Mount FIle systems from node-1 onto node-2

Hi, We have HP UX service guard cluster on OS 11.23. Recently 40+ LUNs presented to both nodes by SAN team but I was asked to mount them on only one node. I created required VGs/LVs, created VxFS and mounted all of them and they are working fine. Now client requested those FS on 2nd node as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Programming

Node-RED: Writing MQTT Messages to MySQL DB with UNIX timestamp

First, I want to thank Neo (LOL) for this post from 2018, Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR I could not get the Node-RED mysql module to work and searched Google until all my links were purple! I kept getting ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR with the right credentials. Nothing on the web was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
NOTEDB::mysql(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					NOTEDB::mysql(3pm)

NAME
NOTEDB::mysql - module lib for accessing a notedb from perl SYNOPSIS
# include the module use NOTEDB; # create a new NOTEDB object (the last 4 params are db table/field names) $db = new NOTEDB("mysql","note","localhost","username","password","note","number","note","date"); # get a single note ($note, $date) = $db->get_single(1); # search for a certain note %matching_notes = $db->get_search("somewhat"); # format of returned hash: #$matching_notes{$numberofnote}->{'note' => 'something', 'date' => '23.12.2000 10:33:02'} # get all existing notes %all_notes = $db->get_all(); # format of returnes hash like the one from get_search above # get the next noteid available $next_num = $db->get_nextnum(); # recount all noteids starting by 1 (useful after deleting one!) $db->set_recountnums(); # modify a certain note $db->set_edit(1, "any text", "23.12.2000 10:33:02"); # create a new note $db->set_new(5, "any new text", "23.12.2000 10:33:02"); # delete a certain note $db->set_del(5); # turn on encryption. CryptMethod must be IDEA, DES or BLOWFISH $db->use_crypt("passphrase", "CryptMethod"); # turn off encryption. This is the default. $db->no_crypt(); DESCRIPTION
You can use this module for accessing a note database. There are currently two versions of this module, one version for a SQL database and one for a binary file (note's own database-format). However, both versions provides identical interfaces, which means, you do not need to change your code, if you want to switch to another database format. Currently, NOTEDB module is only used by note itself. But feel free to use it within your own project! Perhaps someone want to implement a webinterface to note... USAGE
please see the section SYNOPSIS, it says it all. AUTHOR
Thomas Linden <tom@daemon.de>. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-12 NOTEDB::mysql(3pm)