Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR Post 303021065 by MadeInGermany on Friday 3rd of August 2018 11:52:30 AM
Old 08-03-2018
Are localhost and 127.0.0.1 refering to the same? (/etc/hosts)

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server

Hi Experts, I am in need of running a script from one node say node 1 via node 2. My scheduling tool dont have access to node2 , so i need to invoke the list file from node1 but the script needs to run from node2. because the server to which i am hitting, is having access only for the node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Mount FIle systems from node-1 onto node-2

Hi, We have HP UX service guard cluster on OS 11.23. Recently 40+ LUNs presented to both nodes by SAN team but I was asked to mount them on only one node. I created required VGs/LVs, created VxFS and mounted all of them and they are working fine. Now client requested those FS on 2nd node as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Programming

Node-RED: Writing MQTT Messages to MySQL DB with UNIX timestamp

First, I want to thank Neo (LOL) for this post from 2018, Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR I could not get the Node-RED mysql module to work and searched Google until all my links were purple! I kept getting ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR with the right credentials. Nothing on the web was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
NSS-MYHOSTNAME(8)						  nss-myhostname						 NSS-MYHOSTNAME(8)

NAME
nss-myhostname - Provide hostname resolution for the locally configured system hostname. SYNOPSIS
nss-myhostname.la DESCRIPTION
nss-myhostname is a plugin for the GNU Name Service Switch (NSS) functionality of the GNU C Library (glibc) providing hostname resolution for the locally configured system hostname as returned by gethostname(2). Various software relies on an always-resolvable local hostname. When using dynamic hostnames, this is usually achieved by patching /etc/hosts at the same time as changing the host name. This however is not ideal since it requires a writable /etc file system and is fragile because the file might be edited by the administrator at the same time. nss-myhostname simply returns all locally configured public IP addresses, or, if none are configured, the IPv4 address 127.0.0.2 (which is on the local loopback) and the IPv6 address ::1 (which is the local host) for whatever system hostname is configured locally. Patching /etc/hosts is thus no longer necessary. To activate the NSS modules, myhostname has to be added to the line starting with "hosts:" in /etc/nsswitch.conf It is recommended to put myhostname last in the nsswitch.conf line to make sure that this mapping is only used as fallback, and any DNS or /etc/hosts based mapping takes precedence. EXAMPLE
# /etc/nsswitch.conf passwd: compat group: compat shadow: compat hosts: files dns myhostname networks: files protocols: db files services: db files ethers: db files rpc: db files netgroup: nis To test, use glibc's getent tool: $ getent ahosts `hostname` ::1 STREAM omega ::1 DGRAM ::1 RAW 127.0.0.2 STREAM 127.0.0.2 DGRAM 127.0.0.2 RAW In this case the local hostname is omega. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-logind.service(8), logind.conf(5), loginctl(1), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8), pam_loginuid(8) systemd 208 NSS-MYHOSTNAME(8)