Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Proposal to Eliminate Thread Icons Column Post 303021044 by Neo on Friday 3rd of August 2018 06:14:31 AM
Old 08-03-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
I don't rate those columns value adding; for me, both can go away.
Yeah, I don't understand why value these "thread icons" have, TBH.

What is the value of them? Just for fun? Useful for ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinderSingh13
Hello Neo,

IMHO, they are ok they could be there.

Thanks,
R. Singh

Yes, but what is the value of them? They add what value ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
Hi Neo...

I agree with Ravinder here they are OK AFAIAC.
OK but what good are they? For....... ???

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Dotted thread icons

Can you guys please enable the "dotted" icon option, so that the thread icon for a thread in which a user has posted in will appear with a dot in it? Thanks, Aaron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

2. Programming

Master's degree proposal, Router software

Hello everyone, After 8 years of being out of school I am trying to start my Masters degree. This specific type of degree is being done only by research (research mode vs. coursework mode). I need to prepare a research proposal and send it to the school. I will need a professor to accept me as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmac
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

research proposal for PG

hi friends i have just completed my graduation and applied for Post graduation i have to submit a research proposal of OS in the interview i m a beginner & only read galvin & silbershcatz book on operating systems can anyone help me in that ... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iet.manish
3 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registration proposal

Hello. I've been reading the feed via twitter for a long time, but though i'm willing to help, i can't post and register (russia's banned). IP is dynamic, it's (<ip address>) for now. DevOps, RH, python and unix shell scripting. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spider_fingers
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the average from column, and eliminate the duplicate values.

Dear Experts, Kindly help me please, I have a big file where there is duplicate values in col 11 till col 23, every 2 rows appers a new numbers, but in each row there is different coordinates x and y in col 57 till col 74. Please i will like to get a single value and average of the x and y... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New Member Profile Pages (Proposal)

Hey, I am thinking to get rid of the old and clunky member profile pages and replace with a prototype from Brad at Traversy Media. Here is the prototype: Welcome To My Portfolio Basically, I will take the links in the user profile page and put them into the new format when I have time.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
ALTER VIEW - change the definition of a view SYNOPSIS
ALTER VIEW name ALTER [ COLUMN ] column SET DEFAULT expression ALTER VIEW name ALTER [ COLUMN ] column DROP DEFAULT ALTER VIEW name OWNER TO new_owner ALTER VIEW name RENAME TO new_name ALTER VIEW name SET SCHEMA new_schema DESCRIPTION
ALTER VIEW changes various auxiliary properties of a view. (If you want to modify the view's defining query, use CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW.) You must own the view to use ALTER VIEW. To change a view's schema, you must also have CREATE privilege on the new schema. To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role, and that role must have CREATE privilege on the view's schema. (These restrictions enforce that altering the owner doesn't do anything you couldn't do by dropping and recreating the view. However, a superuser can alter ownership of any view anyway.) PARAMETERS
name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing view. SET/DROP DEFAULT These forms set or remove the default value for a column. A default value associated with a view column is inserted into INSERT statements on the view before the view's ON INSERT rule is applied, if the INSERT does not specify a value for the column. new_owner The user name of the new owner of the view. new_name The new name for the view. new_schema The new schema for the view. NOTES
For historical reasons, ALTER TABLE can be used with views too; but the only variants of ALTER TABLE that are allowed with views are equiv- alent to the ones shown above. EXAMPLES
To rename the view foo to bar: ALTER VIEW foo RENAME TO bar; COMPATIBILITY
ALTER VIEW is a PostgreSQL extension of the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE VIEW [create_view(7)], DROP VIEW [drop_view(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER VIEW(7)