Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How Do I FTP System Files to Different Server? Post 303021022 by spock9458 on Thursday 2nd of August 2018 09:23:09 PM
Old 08-02-2018
I know this is a long list, but maybe it will point me in the next direction I need to go. In the /etc/rc2.d directory of the physical (working) machine, here is the list of files:

I01MOUNTFSYS
P00SYSINIT
P03RECOVERY
P04CLEAN
P05RMTMPFILES
P15HWDNLOAD
P16KERNINIT
P20sysetup
P21perf
P70uucp
P75cron
P86scologin
P86sendmail
P86xdlls
P87USRDAEMON
P88USRDEFINE
P90RESERVED
P93scohttp
P95calserver
S00MDAC
S25pm
S35dlpi
S60sync
S80lp
S84rpcinit
S85nis
S85tcp
S86nps
S88digifax
S88edge
S89nfs
S90atlas
S90fasttrack
S90iproute
S90secure
S91manahttp
S99apcssd
S99ssinit

Five of those are missing from the same directory in the VM:
S86nps, S88digifax, S88edge, S99ssinit and p86sendmail

I know there is a "digifax" board in the physical server but there is no longer any need for that. I have a license for BackupEDGE, but I do not know if I will install it in the VM - still debating if I will need. The remaining 3 files are a mystery to me, but maybe someone has an idea as to what they mean and what my next step(s) should be. Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files to target Mainframe system

Hi Experts... Greetings for the day..! I just want to FTP the files to mainframe system.. my code is not working..and also i need to put the files in a particular directory in a specific naming format... ftp -i -n ${HOST_NAME} << END_FTP user ${USER_NAME} ${PASSWORD} put ${FILE_NAME}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Files from one server to another

Hi, I want to run a process on server a, pulling files from server b and pushing it to server c. Can i do that without dropping the files on server a? Thanks, Samit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Not able to FTP the files to a FTP server

Hi , We are facing a weird problem in our project. we need to send some xml & audio files to a remote FTP server from a Linux box, we are doing this in Perl script using Net::FTP->. Issue here is.. when FTPed the files using Perl scripts, only empty files ( 0 byte) are getting created on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorepotta
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system. File type: Text file/Flat file Source System: Windows / Unix Systems Target System is always: Unix Mode of Transfer : ASCII We have generic ftp shell script that transfers the files from different ftp servers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpundalik
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from one server to one server

Hi, I'm new to shell script..I have one requriement like - In one server have more than one files,I want to ftp those files to some otehr server.. Ex : test1.pdf test2.pdf Please suggest me how to do (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkaswa
3 Replies

10. Solaris

FTP-ing files from Windows server to UNIX server

I need to transfer files from a Windows server to the Unix server and have to run some shell script on it to get the required output. Is it possible to transfer files from Windows server to unix server through any shell script? If so can you please help me with the details. Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
8 Replies
DH_MISSING(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_MISSING(1)

NAME
dh_missing - check for missing files SYNOPSIS
dh_missing [-Xitem] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_missing compares the list of installed files with the files in the source directory. If any of the files (and symlinks) in the source directory were not installed to somewhere, it will warn on stderr about that (--list-missing) or fail (--fail-missing). Please note that without either of these options, dh_missing will silently do nothing. This may be useful if you have a large package and want to make sure that you don't miss installing newly added files in new upstream releases. Remember to test different kinds of builds (dpkg-buildpackage -A/-B/...) as you may experience varying results when only a subset of the packages are built. FILES
debian/not-installed List the files that are deliberately not installed in any binary package. Paths listed in this file are ignored by dh_missing. However, it is not a method to exclude files from being installed by any of the debhelper tool. If you want a tool to not install a given file, please use its --exclude option (where available). dh_missing will expand wildcards in this file (since debhelper 11.1). Wildcards without matches will be ignored. OPTIONS
--list-missing Warn on stderr about source files not installed to somewhere. Note that files that are excluded from being moved via the -X option are not warned about. This is the default in compat 12 and later. --fail-missing This option is like --list-missing, except if a file was missed, it will not only list the missing files, but also fail with a nonzero exit code. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MISSING(1)