Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Larger window
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Larger window Post 303021008 by drew77 on Thursday 2nd of August 2018 03:29:21 PM
Old 08-02-2018
Larger window

I would like the window that this opens to be larger.
Can it be modified to do so?

Thanks.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python3
# Text snippets are in /home/andy/.config/snippet_paste/
import os
import subprocess

home = os.environ["HOME"]
directory = home+"/.config/snippet_paste"
if not os.path.exists(directory):
    os.mkdir(directory)
# create file list with snippets
files = [
    directory+"/"+item for item in os.listdir(directory) \
         if not item.endswith("~") and not item.startswith(".")
    ]
# create string list
strings = []
for file in files:
    with open(file) as src:
        strings.append(src.read())
# create list to display in option menu
list_items = ["manage snippets"]+[
    (str(i+1)+". "+strings[i].replace("\n", " ").replace\
     ('"', "'")[:20]+"..") for i in range(len(strings))
    ]
# define (zenity) option menu
test= 'zenity --list '+'"'+('" "')\
      .join(list_items)+'"'\
      +' --column="text fragments" --title="Paste snippets Ctrl V"'
# process user input
try:
    choice = subprocess.check_output(["/bin/bash", "-c", test]).decode("utf-8")
    if "manage snippets" in choice:
# My current file manager goes after call([
        subprocess.call(["thunar", directory])
    else:
        i = int(choice[:choice.find(".")])
        # copy the content of corresponding snippet
        copy = "xclip -in -selection c "+"'"+files[i-1]+"'"
        subprocess.call(["/bin/bash", "-c", copy])
        # paste into open frontmost file
        paste = "xdotool key Control_L+v"
        subprocess.Popen(["/bin/bash", "-c", paste])
except Exception:
    pass

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Upgrading To Larger Disk?

I have just been assigned the task of upgrading to a larger disk on a e250; however, I am use to working on Linux and x86 hardware. I would be very appreciative if someone could inform me on how this procedure can be done safely. To begin with, the e250 has a 18 Gig primary scsi disk and a 18... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending larger files via ftp

hi all, i am looking for ways to make ftp efficient by tuning the parameters currently, tcp_max_buf is 1 MB tcp_xmit_hiwat is 48 KB say to transmit multiple 2 gb files from unix server to mainframe sys, will increasing the window size or the send buffer size of the current TCP/IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grab a smaller and larger value

Hi All, I am trying to grab a term which is just smaller and larger than the assigned value using the below code. But there seems to be some problem. The value i assign is 25 so i would expect it to output a smaller value to be 20 instead of 10 and 20 and larger value to be 30 instead of 30 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using grep for find values larger/less than

Hi I have been experimenting with grep to find values for a particular column that is greater than or less than certain #'s. So my file looks like this: name -2 2 name1 -2 2 name2 -1 4 name3 3 3 So I want to find rows with values less than or equal to -2 and those greater than... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to initialize array with a larger number?

Language: ksh OS: SunOS I have been getting the 'subscript out of range' error when the below array variable gets elements greater that 1024. I understand that 1024 is the default size for 'set -A' dynamic array, but is there a way to initialize it with a larger number? set -A arr `grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
6 Replies

8. AIX

Tar files larger than 2GB

Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to tar files larger than 2GB? The reason being is they want me to dump a single file (which is around 20GB) to a tape drive and they will restore it on a Solaris box. I know the tar have a limitation of 2GB so I am thinking of a way how to overcome this.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Row if Third Column is Larger

Hi, I am fairly new to Unix scripting. We are running Solaris 5.10. I have the following question: Assume a text file with one text column, followed by 2 integer columns. How would I generate a script or, preferably, a command that will output the rows in which the value of the third... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: QZ1
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
ckitem(1)							   User Commands							 ckitem(1)

NAME
ckitem, erritem, helpitem - build a menu; prompt for and return a menu item SYNOPSIS
ckitem [-Q] [-W width] [-uno] [-f filename] [-l label] [ [-i invis] [,]...] [-m max] [-d default] [-h help] [-e error] [-p prompt] [-k pid [-s signal]] [choice [...]] /usr/sadm/bin/erritem [-W width] [-e error] [choice [..]] /usr/sadm/bin/helpitem [-W width] [-h help] [choice [..]] DESCRIPTION
The ckitem utility builds a menu and prompts the user to choose one item from a menu of items. It then verifies the response. Options for this command define, among other things, a prompt message whose response will be a menu item, text for help and error messages, and a default value (which will be returned if the user responds with a carriage return). By default, the menu is formatted so that each item is prepended by a number and is printed in columns across the terminal. Column length is determined by the longest choice. Items are alphabetized. All messages are limited in length to 70 characters and are formatted automatically. Any white space used in the definition (including new- line) is stripped. The -W option cancels the automatic formatting. When a tilde is placed at the beginning or end of a message definition, the default text will be inserted at that point, allowing both custom text and the default text to be displayed. If the prompt, help or error message is not defined, the default message (as defined under NOTES) will be displayed. Two visual tool modules are linked to the ckitem command. They are erritem (which formats and displays an error message) and helpitem (which formats and displays a help message). These modules should be used in conjunction with FML objects. In this instance, the FML object defines the prompt. When choice is defined in these modules, the messages will describe the available menu choice (or choices). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d default Define the default value as default. The default is not validated and so does not have to meet any criteria. -e error Define the error message as error. -f filename Define a file, filename, which contains a list of menu items to be displayed. (The format of this file is: token<tab>description. Lines beginning with a pound sign (#) are designated as comments and ignored.) -h help Define the help messages as help. -i invis Define invisible menu choices (those which will not be printed in the menu). (For example, ``all'' used as an invisible choice would mean it is a legal option but does not appear in the menu. Any number of invisible choices may be defined.) Invisible choices should be made known to a user either in the prompt or in a help message. -k pid Specify that the process ID pid is to be sent a signal if the user chooses to abort. -l label Define a label, label, to print above the menu. -m max Define the maximum number of menu choices that the user can choose. The default is 1. -n Specify that menu items should not be displayed in alphabetical order. -o Specify that only one menu token will be returned. -p prompt Define the prompt message as prompt. -Q Specify that quit will not be allowed as a valid response. -s signal Specify that process ID pid defined with the -k option is to be sent signal signal when quit is chosen. If no signal is specified, SIGTERM is used. -u Specify that menu items should be displayed as an unnumbered list. -W width Specify that prompt, help and error messages will be formatted to a line length of width. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: choice Define menu items. Items should be separated by white space or newline. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful execution. 1 EOF on input, or negative width on -W option, or inability to open file on -f option, or usage error. 3 User termination (quit). 4 No choices from which to choose. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
The user may input the number of the menu item if choices are numbered or as much of the string required for a unique identification of the item. Long menus are paged with 10 items per page. When menu entries are defined both in a file (by using the -f option) and also on the command line, they are usually combined alphabeti- cally. However, if the -n option is used to suppress alphabetical ordering, then the entries defined in the file are shown first, followed by the options defined on the command line. The default prompt for ckitem is: Enter selection [?,??,q]: One question mark will give a help message and then redisplay the prompt. Two question marks will give a help message and then redisplay the menu label, the menu and the prompt. The default error message if you typed a number is: ERROR: Bad numeric choice specification The default error message if you typed a string is: ERROR: Entry does not match available menu selection. Enter the number of the menu item you wish to select, the token which is associated with the menu item, or a partial string which uniquely identifies the token for the menu item. Enter ?? to reprint the menu. The default help message is: Enter the number of the menu item you wish to select, the token which is associated with the menu item, or a partial string which uniquely identifies the token for the menu item. Enter ? to reprint the menu. When the quit option is chosen (and allowed), q is returned along with the return code 3. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 ckitem(1)