Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun cluster v3.2 - Is this right? Post 303020996 by psychocandy on Thursday 2nd of August 2018 04:38:39 AM
Old 08-02-2018
Code:
#clrg show cognos10-rg

=== Resource Groups and Resources ===

Resource Group:                                 cognos10-rg
  RG_description:                                  <NULL>
  RG_mode:                                         Failover
  RG_state:                                        Managed
  Failback:                                        False
  Nodelist:                                        dat-pl2

--- Resources for Group cognos10-rg ---

Resource:                                     cognos10-hastorageplus-res
    Type:                                          SUNW.HAStoragePlus:8
    Type_version:                                  8
    Group:                                         cognos10-rg
    R_description:
    Resource_project_name:                         default
    Enabled{chpdat-pl2}:                           True
    Monitored{chpdat-pl2}:                         True

Resource:                                     cognos10-hafoip1-res
    Type:                                          SUNW.LogicalHostname:3
    Type_version:                                  3
    Group:                                         cognos10-rg
    R_description:
    Resource_project_name:                         default
    Enabled{chpdat-pl2}:                           True
    Monitored{chpdat-pl2}:                         True

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

2. Solaris

sun cluster

hi can u please send me how to configure cluster in x86 machines. i am using VM ware. Is there any difference in X86 and SPARC cluster installations please help me thaks to all (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.2

Hi, I am getting these messages constantly at random times there is not visible impact but would like to know what these messages mean? Cluster.RGM.rgmd: resource group on node change to RG_ON_PENDING_R_RERT Cluster.RGM.rgmd: resource group on node change to RG_ONLINE (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xor
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Cluster

Hi All I hav working knowledge on solarois 10. Could anyone suggest me any doc or material for learning SUN cluster from scratch. Anything from basic level . Thanks in advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster 3.2

Hi I have a new mount point which is to added to to an existing resource group. I read many docs but I am not able to find the exact methods. Could anyone help me pls. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster 3.1

Hi, I have upgraded a Sparc T2000 server which is node 2, in a Sun Cluster 3.1 two node cluster from Solaris 10 Update 2, to 10 Update 7. This is a requirement for a NetApps solution as we currently have a Sun 3510 SAN. I am at a stage where I believe the two nodes will not communicate over the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetex
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun cluster

Any body can tell me where i can download sun cluster installation and configuration video. is there any option to install cluster in 32 bit virtual machine. please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies
scalable_service(5)					     Sun Cluster Miscellaneous					       scalable_service(5)

NAME
scalable_service - scalable resource types DESCRIPTION
A scalable data service is one that takes advantage of the Sun Cluster networking facility. Such a service is implemented as a resource type managed by the Resource Group Manager (RGM). Standard Resource Properties The standard resource properties Scalable, Network_resources_used, Port_list, Load_balancing_policy, and Load_balancing_weights are common to all scalable resource types. See the r_properties(5) man page for the syntax and description of these properties. Some data services can run in either a scalable or non-scalable mode. These services permit you to specify a value of True or False for the Scalable property at the time that the resource is created. If this property is set to True on a resource, the resource is said to be in "scalable mode." The resource then must be contained in a scalable mode resource group, that is, a group that can have its Maximum_pri- maries property set to a value that is greater than 1. For a data service that can only run in scalable mode, the Scalable property is implicitly True for resources of this type, and cannot be changed by the adminstrator. You can change the Load_balancing_weights and Port_list properties at any time, even while the resource is online. Network_resources_used and Load_balancing_policy are set when the resource is created, and you cannot edit these properties afterward. Depending on how the resource type is implemented, these properties might have default values, or you might be required to provide values when you create the resource. Network Monitoring A scalable service instance running on a particular node or zone needs to be able to reply to clients over the public networks. The RGM automatically monitors the health of the public networks on nodes or zones where scalable services are to run, and might bring down a scal- able service instance on a particular node or zone if the public network becomes inaccessible from that node or zone. If you disable moni- toring on a scalable resource by using the clresource unmonitor command, these network checks are disabled. Resource Validatation When the Scalable resource property that is set to True is created or updated, the RGM validates various resource properties and will reject the attempted update if these properties are not configured correctly. Among the checks that are performed are the following: o The Network_resources_used property must not be empty. This property must contain the names of existing SharedAddress resources. Every node or zone that you specify for the Nodelist property of the resource group that contains the scalable resource must appear in either the NetIfList property or the AuxNodeList property of one of the SharedAddress resources. Note that you can also specify a zone in a scalable resource's Nodelist property. To specify a zone for Nodelist, use the fol- lowing syntax: nodename:zonename nodename is the name of the node where zonename is located. zonename is the name of the zone that you want to include in Nodelist. For example, to specify the non-global zone zone-1 which is located on the node phys-schost-1, type: phys-schost-1:zone-1 o A resource group that contains a scalable resource must have its RG_dependencies property set to include the resource groups of all SharedAddress resources listed in the scalable resource's Network_resources_used property. o The Port_list property must not be empty. This property must contain a list of port and protocol pairs, where protocol is tcp, tcp6, udp, or udp6. Possible protocols that you can specify include tcp for only TCP IPv4, tcp6 for both TCP IPv4 and TCP IPv6, udp for only UDP IPv4, or udp6 for both UDP IPv4 and UDP IPv6. For example, you can specify Port_list=80/tcp,40/udp. Affinity IP affinity guarantees that connections from a given client IP address are forwarded to the same cluster node or zone. Affinity_timeout, UDP_affinity, and Weak_affinity are only relevant when Load_balancing_policy is set to either Lb_sticky or Lb_sticky_wild. See r_proper- ties(5) for detailed information. SEE ALSO
clresource(1CL), clresourcegroup(1CL), clresourcetype(1CL), rt_callbacks(1HA), rt_reg(4), r_properties(5) Sun Cluster Software Installation Guide for Solaris OS, Sun Cluster Data Services Developer's Guide for Solaris OS Sun Cluster 3.2 31 Jul 2007 scalable_service(5)