Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Icons Coming from Font Awesome Post 303020949 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 31st of July 2018 10:49:08 PM
Old 07-31-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Hey Don,

Updating the counters are all cron based for performance reasons and so it's unlikely I will make any changes to update counters in real time. To create data base queries to update counters in real time would case a significant performance hit for the site and updating counters in real time is not necessary.
If I hit the thumbs up button and refresh the screen, the counter goes up. If I remove my thanks on that post and refresh the screen again, the counter goes down. All of this occurs is in less than 5 seconds. How often is this cron job running to it make this look like it is happening in real time? Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat 7.2 icons on desktop

Hello all, Is there a way to change the behavior of the gnome desktop manager so that when your iconify a window it will be place on the desktop intead on on the task manager (gnome-panel)? It gets confusing having to loook throught the gnome-panle for the window I want when you have alot of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larry
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Dotted thread icons

Can you guys please enable the "dotted" icon option, so that the thread icon for a thread in which a user has posted in will appear with a dot in it? Thanks, Aaron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get a second Icons - Window!

Hey everybody! I'd like to get a second Window for my program Icons, any Idea how to solve this problem?? :confused: thanks, Tom (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomStyria
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Menu Icons for the Application

Hi All, I created an RPM for my application. After clicking the rpm, I managed to place the files in repective locations also I have "JServer" menus in the "Application" menu (The redhat one). But the problem is the icons are not appearing in that menu. I placed my icons/images in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
0 Replies

5. AIX

CDE: why no icons?

Why my cde show no icons? I have installed X11.Dt.ToolTalk 7.1.3.15 C F AIX CDE ToolTalk Support X11.Dt.adt 7.1.3.0 C F AIX CDE Application X11.Dt.bitmaps 7.1.0.0 C F AIX CDE Bitmaps X11.Dt.compat ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New Mobile Navbar Icons from Font Awesome

Just changed the mobile site to use Font Awesome icons. Here is the new top navbar view (unregistered users) https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture903.jpeg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

7. Web Development

New Font Awesome Icons in Quick Reply Editor

Working on the Quick Reply Editor, I have replaced a number of icons (see image below) with Font Awesome Icons. Was planning to replace all of them, but for some reason, replacing a few of them causes the script / template to break (which is odd) so I left them for now. ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Quick Update on UNIX.COM Site Renovation: Bootstrap, Font Awesome and jQuery

Here is an update on the site renovation: After a lot of analysis and example programming, including testing out a number of Javascript framework and libraries, in the short term, we are getting the most bang-for-the-buck from these three basic, core tech areas: Bootstrap (CSS and... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
PERFQUERY(8)							Open IB Diagnostics						      PERFQUERY(8)

NAME
PERFQUERY - query InfiniBand port counters on a single port SYNOPSIS perfquery [options] [<lid|guid> [[port(s)] [reset_mask]]] DESCRIPTION perfquery uses PerfMgt GMPs to obtain the PortCounters (basic performance and error counters), PortExtendedCounters, PortXmitDataSL, PortR- cvDataSL, PortRcvErrorDetails, PortXmitDiscardDetails, PortExtendedSpeedsCounters, or PortSamplesControl from the PMA at the node/port specified. Optionally shows aggregated counters for all ports of node. Finally it can, reset after read, or just reset the counters. Note: In PortCounters, PortCountersExtended, PortXmitDataSL, and PortRcvDataSL, components that represent Data (e.g. PortXmitData and PortRcvData) indicate octets divided by 4 rather than just octets. Note: Inputting a port of 255 indicates an operation be performed on all ports. Note: For PortCounters, ExtendedCounters, and resets, multiple ports can be specified by either a comma separated list or a port range. See examples below. OPTIONS -x, --extended show extended port counters rather than (basic) port counters. Note that extended port counters attribute is optional. -X, --xmtsl show transmit data SL counter. This is an optional counter for QoS. -S, --rcvsl show receive data SL counter. This is an optional counter for QoS. -D, --xmtdisc show transmit discard details. This is an optional counter. -E, --rcverr show receive error details. This is an optional counter. -D, --xmtdisc show transmit discard details. This is an optional counter. -T, --extended_speeds show extended speeds port counters. This is an optional counter. --oprcvcounters show Rcv Counters per Op code. This is an optional counter. --flowctlcounters show flow control counters. This is an optional counter. --vloppackets show packets received per Op code per VL. This is an optional counter. --vlopdata show data received per Op code per VL. This is an optional counter. --vlxmitflowctlerrors show flow control update errors per VL. This is an optional counter. --vlxmitcounters show ticks waiting to transmit counters per VL. This is an optional counter. --swportvlcong show sw port VL congestion. This is an optional counter. --rcvcc show Rcv congestion control counters. This is an optional counter. --slrcvfecn show SL Rcv FECN counters. This is an optional counter. --slrcvbecn show SL Rcv BECN counters. This is an optional counter. --xmitcc show Xmit congestion control counters. This is an optional counter. --vlxmittimecc show VL Xmit Time congestion control counters. This is an optional counter. -c, --smplctl show port samples control. -a, --all_ports show aggregated counters for all ports of the destination lid, reset all counters for all ports, or if multiple ports are specified, aggregate the counters of the specified ports. If the destination lid does not support the AllPortSelect flag, all ports will be iterated through to emulate AllPortSelect behavior. -l, --loop_ports If all ports are selected by the user (either through the -a option or port 255) or multiple ports are specified iterate through each port rather than doing than aggregate operation. -r, --reset_after_read reset counters after read -R, --Reset_only only reset counters Addressing Flags -G, --Guid The address specified is a Port GUID -L, --Lid The address specified is a LID -s, --sm_port <smlid> use 'smlid' as the target lid for SA queries. Port Selection flags -C, --Ca <ca_name> use the specified ca_name. -P, --Port <ca_port> use the specified ca_port. Local port Selection Multiple port/Multiple CA support: when no IB device or port is specified (see the "local umad parameters" below), the libibumad library selects the port to use by the following criteria: 1. the first port that is ACTIVE. 2. if not found, the first port that is UP (physical link up). If a port and/or CA name is specified, the libibumad library attempts to fulfill the user request, and will fail if it is not possible. For example: ibaddr # use the first port (criteria #1 above) ibaddr -C mthca1 # pick the best port from "mthca1" only. ibaddr -P 2 # use the second (active/up) port from the first available IB device. ibaddr -C mthca0 -P 2 # use the specified port only. Debugging flags -d raise the IB debugging level. May be used several times (-ddd or -d -d -d). -e show send and receive errors (timeouts and others) -h, --help show the usage message -v, --verbose increase the application verbosity level. May be used several times (-vv or -v -v -v) -V, --version show the version info. Configuration flags -t, --timeout <timeout_ms> override the default timeout for the solicited mads. -y, --m_key <key> use the specified M_key for requests. If non-numeric value (like 'x') is specified then a value will be prompted for. --config, -z <config_file> Specify alternate config file. Default: /etc/infiniband-diags/ibdiag.conf FILES CONFIG FILE /etc/infiniband-diags/ibdiag.conf A global config file is provided to set some of the common options for all tools. See supplied config file for details. EXAMPLES perfquery # read local port performance counters perfquery 32 1 # read performance counters from lid 32, port 1 perfquery -x 32 1 # read extended performance counters from lid 32, port 1 perfquery -a 32 # read perf counters from lid 32, all ports perfquery -r 32 1 # read performance counters and reset perfquery -x -r 32 1 # read extended performance counters and reset perfquery -R 0x20 1 # reset performance counters of port 1 only perfquery -x -R 0x20 1 # reset extended performance counters of port 1 only perfquery -R -a 32 # reset performance counters of all ports perfquery -R 32 2 0x0fff # reset only error counters of port 2 perfquery -R 32 2 0xf000 # reset only non-error counters of port 2 perfquery -a 32 1-10 # read performance counters from lid 32, port 1-10, aggregate output perfquery -l 32 1-10 # read performance counters from lid 32, port 1-10, output each port perfquery -a 32 1,4,8 # read performance counters from lid 32, port 1, 4, and 8, aggregate output perfquery -l 32 1,4,8 # read performance counters from lid 32, port 1, 4, and 8, output each port AUTHOR Hal Rosenstock < hal.rosenstock@gmail.com > PERFQUERY(8)